• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Right-clicking

Mandrake

NLC
NLC
Something interesting I discovered for those who attempt to block right-clicking ability on their websites. A site I was visiting recently had some pictures which they did not anyone to save. They had some sort of script in place (I did not bother to view their code to see what it was) that disabled right-clicking and gave you a pop-up message instead. At least it did in Internet Explorer 5.5. However in Mozilla 1.0, when I right-clicked I got the same message, but the right-click menu still appeared and I was able to save the picture anyway.

I know it's not that big of a deal since if someone really wants a picture they can just do a screen-capture or some such, but apparently it's now even more useless to try to disable right-clicking since it apparently does not work in all browsers.

:cool2:

have a little flash script so when they press print screen it sends them somewhere, or when they do it the image fuzzes up

or you could just drag the image into the address bar and it saves it on your putie, lol. easier way.

Originally posted by Blank Verse
if someone's really hardcore, they'll try to develop a script that prevents taking a screenshot

Too bad "print screen" is the one key you can't disable, eh? :D

Back