• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review "The Linker"

Darko

i have started a new services on my website called "The Linker", but the problem is that i'm good at PHP but i suck in webdesign, so please tell what you think about the current design and any tips on how to make it more.....Web 2.0

Link: http://linker.techachino.com

Thanks
Darko

Get a shorter name. Design is too plain. Make it so when you click in the box, the text disappears so you can type in the url and such. Is the logo supposed to look like a chocolate bullet?

3 - 4 - 5 - 6

add reflection to image ! ah bingo! web 2.0 lol no maybe choose a color scheme something nice and modern.

I think you should get a smaller domain name also... considering its a redirection site yeah?

i took most of the suggestions into consideration and made some new changes, i also added a new domain name witch i registered some time ago, but i'm not going to register new name for the service. Is there anything else i can do, please be help me.

maybe you could style the text boxes also :)

for example:

CSS:
<style tyle=text/css>
input.red {background-color: #FF0000; font-size: 10px;}
</style>

HTML:
<input class="red" type="text" name="input" size="20">

a border on them makes it looks pretty nice it gets rid of that bevel you see.

try this for a border {border:1px solid #999; }

Thats a nice light grey works well on alot of stuff or you could also replace "solid" with "dashed"

Im guessing you know all this to get what u got at the moment but its just a suggestion :)

ok, i think it's pretty good now, i took ur suggestion but the color red looked awful, tell me what you think now, big difference from what i started with

Now that looks Awesome!

Yeah i was just giving red for example lol

thats a nice colour you have i like it alot!

starting to look very web 2.0 if you can have like a glossy logo that would look great for the image :)

if you can do that i would say thats it complete !

if give it at the moment 8.5/10 :)

10/10 for glossy finish to logo :D

Aaron

EDIT: i just realized your current layout looks slightly like a project im working on :p if you would like to see the design im making please pm me but its for your eyes only!

Last edited:
The peach color makes me want to run off a 7th floor balcony!
Just kidding :) But may I suggest you go for a blue-ish color?
BTW: What does this script do?

P.S.- Dont worry, I live in a house :p

Back