• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review & testers needed

Bernhard

Hi,

I need some opinions about the newest version (1.5.1) of my phpWWWBoard, which is a database-less WWWBoard-like message board written in PHP.

Features:

- threaded message board
- post either using a regular form or a WYSIWYG editor
- Smilies
- BBCode support
- member registration possible (fake/imposter protection)
- members can edit their postings at any time
- attach images to postings
- print/email postings
- report inappropriate posts to the admin

Extensive Admin functions:
- determine who may post (all/members/no-one)
- delete postings (3 different ways)
- edit postings
- ban IPs or IP ranges
- display IPs on/off, resolve IPs on/off
- bad word filter
- customizable HTML filtering
- set time zone, date/time format, reply prefix, no-message-suffix, no-author-text, no-subject-text, HTML code that separates threads...
- member administration (view/delete registrations)
- customizable headers/footers for index, posting form & posting page
- enable/disable Smilies, WYSIWYG editor, BBCode, file upload, mail permissions, edit permission
- set number of threads per page/number of pages in the archive
- allow/disallow empty postings, empty subject line, anonymous postings
- server file manager, server directory browser
- make emails & URLs clickable on/off
- virtually every single aspect of the layout is fully customizable

...and much more.

I'm continously working on improvements, so there is always the possibility there'll be some bugs. Feel free to test the board here:

http://users.internetwizard.be/users/Per/index.php

If you find errors or have suggestions (e.g. new features), please let me know. Thanks :)

Arghh!!

Just realized my board was set "read only" when I posted the above, so anyone who might have tried to test it... :doh!:

Well, I've changed the setting and posting should work now. My apologies... :confused2

On the register page, that color chart doesn't work in mozilla. And maybe a preview option before posting a topic? Looks good. I'm not too much of a fan of those types of boards after being on these types of bb's for a few years now.

One more thing, you might want to hide the password in the user's account for security reasons :)

Hi,

thanks for your comments. I've added a preview function & fixed the password thing. New version is uploaded. As far as Mozilla is concerned...not sure what the problem precisely is. But I'll try to find it out.

:cool2:

Back