• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review my website idea please

Sparky2012

I have an idea for an image hosting website that users upload a print screen of there desktop for others to view.
The main idea of this is so users could browse and rate each others images by similarity to there own desktop and other factors.
When uploading an image they would submit a short form with questions on it (i.e how many programs on desktop ?...what category do most of your programs belong to ?) and based on the form other users could search for images that match there criteria

By sharing what your desktop looks like it would give each other ideas/insight into what other users like to access and users might possibly see something they like, (theme,background image,gadget,game) that somebody else uses and they might decide to download it themselves to try it out.

The other part of the website would be the same general idea but would be for uploading an image of your web browser for others to see what tabs you are visiting.

I would appreciate any feedback on my idea ?
What could be the pros and cons for something like this ?
Do you think it would be used by alot of people ?
Are there any other websites already out there with this sort of idea ?

I wouldn't be using it as I think you should protect your privacy. At my laptop desktop there is lots of clients related information.

privacy plus legality you dont want one client suing you for your service because another one sharing 1st's details.

I was browsing from since morning in search of music notes in that search sudden i got your post its really nice and interesting also.

Back