• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review my site : recvd 79000 hits in a week!

Hi guys,

Can you please review the design and content of my site , its a phpnuke site and a theme made by someone else so I dont want you to say its not ur design I want a opinion on the content

www.teamstudents.com

we recvd 79000 hits in a week , so I am concerned how my vistors feel abt my site

the logo looks a bit... low quality and is not centered which is bad.
you should place the ads so they dont get in the way, and if you can move the search engine below the logo and above the content.
Also, at the bottom of the page it says Alexa No Data... take that off and put it back when you have data. Nice site :)

Your google ads and the search bar seems to be out of place with the rest of the site and is taking up a lot of room perhaps you may want to relocate it because its loading up before the rest of your site.

The logo isn't centered, the design isn't finished as it look's now so, no further comments on that, also the logo should be on top of the page, relocate the google adds and the search bar

new logo since the one you have now is just not working, also you might want to incorparate the google ads into your site so they blend in this may help make you more profit or what not.

As previously mentioned your ads do not fit in well. And your logo is covering the background image because it isn't transparent. Your logo should be 1. transparent, 2. centred, and 3. smaller because right now you've got a horizontal scroll bar in 600x800. To centre the image just put "alight=center" without quotes into the IMG tag.

thanks for comments I will make changes ,

Also say about the content placement , pls advice how to get users posting in the forums I have around 50 active members who come daily and listen to our songs but never post! there are aroud 68 articles made by our moderators and they havfe replied for onle 3!

Last edited:
if you have money you could do a contest ;) or if you are really desperate you could make it so they have to post to listen to your music.

themoose said:
if you have money you could do a contest ;) or if you are really desperate you could make it so they have to post to listen to your music.

Nah I am not soo desperate I dont want to imposed conditions , but make them interested in making posts

counseller- an idea:

instead of trying to raise money for a cash prize, have someone sponsor the event, give them all the free advertising they want, give it a name, and have your motto for it be something like "This contest brought to you by company A". Give them good exposure. You dont even have to ask for a cash donation. You could ask for lets say, an MP3 player, DVD burner etc, of course it depends on your content. This way, the advertiser spends zero dollars, you spend zero dollars, you gather some buzz, and more visitors. Everyone wins.

Counsellor- one more thing:

Your hits:

How many graphics do you have on your homepage? If I am not mistaken, I believe each graphic on your page equals one hit basically. For example, if like you said, 79,000 hits. But you have 10 seperate graphics on your front page. Take the 79,000, divide by the number of graphics equals 7,900.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this though.

Oh! I did not know that , but I can say I get around 1600 google ad impressions , how much tht counts to?

And from where do I get sponsors , I am just 17! :cry1: and not much marketing skills

Actually, I think the Google ads would count as zero impressions on your part. Google has it in thier code so that you view impressions through your panel, something like that, haven't done it for a while. Google Adsense would be what you call an adserver. They serve ads to your website, where the information within them is located on the Google servers, not your own. That is why if you ever tried to put the code designed for a particular website into another domain name, you would not be able to view them. Many amatuers think they will be able to submit a web template with thier Adsense codes in them, in the hopes other websites will be displaying thier adsense ads, when all you get is the old "You are not authorized to view this page"
message.

Marketing? Not good at it? Yes you are, you are doing it right now. Its not about catching the biggest fish. Its about finding the right fish, knowing where they will be, and how many of them will be there. A good fisherman perfects his technique, until the smallest details are known. Become the fisherman, and learn everyday what you didn't know yesterday.

Back