• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review my site..please? Thanks!!^_^

:cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

come on people..it doesn't hurt to give a poor little girl's site a review...pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaase??:cry2: :cry2:

wow you expect people can give comment after 1 sec you post the message here :p

it's good ... just a little slow when first accessing the site .. maybe because dk3 server were slow or default.tk were slow ? i dont know ...

Originally posted by maelzx
wow you expect people can give comment after 1 sec you post the message here :p

it's good ... just a little slow when first accessing the site .. maybe because dk3 server were slow or default.tk were slow ? i dont know ...

I posted this thread 24 hours ago, see..
02-18-2002 07:15 PM

slow..I've noticed that problem too..try if it is faster with this URL:
http://default.home7.dk3.com..?

thanks for reviewing it:)..is there anything else I should improve besides the speed?:confused:

sloww......
still waiting....
still.....

ok, loaded. Not bad, perhaps a little dark.
and your nav is screwed

Comments:

- I hate how everything is scrunched up in the corner there. It's a good way to avoid the annoying DK3 ad in the corner, but it makes everything look so crowded. Most users prefer a bigger layout with a larger font.

- Why are the links not aligned properly? It seems that only half of each word in the nav bar is a link, and the other half cannot be clicked on. It's very strange; perhaps it has something to do with my resolution?

- Text in the right-hand corner does not fit the image-emphasized scheme of the site. Also, I might argue a few other places where you use text as the title of the section. For example, the News and Tour Schedule titles.

- Crowded links page. Some sections have missing links (Chart, Downloads, Me, Music, etc.)

- Some effects are just plain annoying. The thing I hate the most is that scrollbar off to the side. While it does move effectively and fits in well with the theme of your site, it will get very annoying for users as your pages get longer. Also, for inexperienced users, they may not even realize that it is a scrollbar. Another effect that I dislike is the mouseover "crosshair" effect. However, if you like it, the latter change is not necessary.

- Rather slow site. Don't know if that's just DK3 or your images.

Content/Options: B-
Images/Color/Effects: B+
Layout: C

Overall (not an average): 83%

- speed is okay here in Belgium with cable connection

- your bottom nav is quite screenw up, the 4 bottom links are are the same hight as the white line of that table

- that scrollbar looks okay, but quite confused if you don't know how it works (first I clicked on it but you just need to point the sign over it to use it)

It'll probably be better if you removed the white border entirely since it seems so restricting. It also, as was previously stated, cuts through the bottom nav buttons.

That scrollbar doesn't work at all. I suggest making it cross-browser compatible if you want to use it.

Thanks for all of your comments!!!!:) :)

Guess I have a lot of 'renovation' to do..hmm..should I just get rid of the whole "automatically scrolling" feature and just go with simple <iFrame>?? Would that make it easier to use?:confused:

Also, is there any code that can make my site fit into different screen resolution? because the reason the bottom navigation is screwed up is beucause I made it only for 800x600 user..

Text in the right-hand corner does not fit the image-emphasized scheme of the site. Also, I might argue a few other places where you use text as the title of the section. For example, the News and Tour Schedule titles.

so I should change text titles into graphics titles?:confused:

Thanks again for all of your valuable comments!!:eek: :) :)

BTW: I think the slow connection is caused by .tk server not DK3..because the page loads very fast in this URL: http://default.home7.dk3.com

Last edited:
Organised: 220/250
Images matches design: 230/250
Design: 160/250
Speed: 220/250

Comments: I have to highlight the text to see it!

Overall 830/1000 Try to improve!

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :)

Can you review my site again after I've made change to it?? I got rid of those 'fancy' scroll bars and crosshair mouse.

How does my navigation thingy look like now?:confused:

Anymore comments or suggetions?:confused: :)

thank you all!!

Originally posted by trenzterra
Organised: 220/250
Images matches design: 230/250
Design: 160/250
Speed: 220/250

Comments: I have to highlight the text to see it!

Overall 830/1000 Try to improve!

Wow...what a specific review. :rolleyes: Trentzerra, when people ask for a review, I'm guessing they don't give a ---- about the score they're getting. They want some comments and some tips how they can improve.

DJSexie, I don't see any difference...

I think the text that is hiding is the only thing that annoys us, otherwise its quite ok. Nice graphics.

Back