• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review: My Hosting Site

I will be adding a flash banner maybe when i think of a good name.

I am thinking at the moment something like PBHost. Which would stand for Personal & Business Hosting

Well, it looks just like what thousands of other hosts out there look like....

Okay, like somebody else said, a good start. A few suggestions/comments:

- At the top on your Flash banner it says, 'Want cheap but fast hosting?' This would be better if it said 'Want fast but cheap hosting?' You should put fast first. If you put fast first, you will be saying, 'Hey! Look! My hosting is fast, but it is also affordable', rather than 'My hosting is cheap...Oh yeah, it's also kind of fast.'

- While I'm on the subject of the Flash banner, I would actually recommend ditching it. I admit I'm not a Flash fan at all, but this particular banner has me puzzled. It is quite basic (I'm sorry, I'm not knocking your Flash skills), and it doesn't really serve much of a purpose. It doesn't scream out and say, 'Look! Don't I look great?' So I would recommend getting a fancier bit of Flash, or ditching it for a static image. There's not much point in making a user load Flash only for it to be quite simple - a static image would do pretty much the same job.

But yes, you have got a good start!

Thanks for the comments, Flash im not very good at and have only started with it over the past few days.

But thanks for the comments.

I find your logo difficult to read and the tables very similar to RCTHost's old design. But then again, most host pages are so...

Well i haven't copied RCTHosts site as i haven't even heard of them until now.

The logo still needs to be improved, it would help if you would explain how you couldn't read it. E.G. Colours of the logo or the background images on it.

Im guessing you mean the colours, i actually had someone else make that but they sent me the .psd so i can change the colours of it.
What would you think would be a good colour? Hex of the colour would be great. :D

What I would suggest is not to put a flash object onto your website. What you need to do is integrate the "Want fast but cheap hosting?" and so on into the website. Make the packages smaller - put the jist of it in the main page (maybe at the top right corner?) and have a more detailed page that they can click into if they're interested.

I'm not sure, but I don't often see Forums in paid hosting sites - they're usually in the free hosts because they allow the members to give each other support - you should probably have a form that they can fill out instead of using the forum.

It's a really good start. I always tell people not to make their websites too "boxy" (you might want to change your navigation).

By the way, why doens't anybody review my site???

I think you will find mate most paid hosting companies i have gone with have forums.

www.myacen.com have forums and that's a good quality hosting company.

I have seen many paid hosts with forums, but thank you for your comments anyway. :)

Originally posted by ChrisMayhew
The logo still needs to be improved, it would help if you would explain how you couldn't read it. E.G. Colours of the logo or the background images on it.

Im guessing you mean the colours, i actually had someone else make that but they sent me the .psd so i can change the colours of it.
What would you think would be a good colour? Hex of the colour would be great. :D
Well what it is is the white mirror effect thing with the white background...makes it difficult to see. Perhaps if you made the background darker or removed the mirror/light effect it would be easier to read :classic2:

definately don't make the bg colour dark - if you find pics on the net to use, they'll always have a white background; it's a pain to make it dark to match your page's background...I speak from experience.

Back