• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reseller Programs...

15, but I have a lot of connections with people who already do hosting, etc not to say that makes me a profressional, but I will say I have a good knowledge of the stuff.

I'm 22. I am taking it slow I have been looking in various parts of hosting for over a year now. I am familiarizing myself with Linux also. I am not gonna start a host on a dedicated server and have something happen that I cant fix. I have considered resellers but I dont want a good customer base on a reseller and the ppl I resell for to screw me with crappy service or get a dedicated server and have all my old customers on a reseller plan and have to pay for both until I can move ppl off the reseller. I have a few friends that are network admins and they can help with Linux probs but I don't want to rely on them and not be able to get a hold of them should a problem arise. I know hosting isn't an easy job and most don't do it for profit but for the fun or challenge. My idea is not to make a bunch of money but make a profit and if I can provide a great product at a great price then I can build a strong customer base. I have the resources such as good credit to attain a loan as well as collateral (e.g my house & car) to help securing a loan. And not to mention I am old enough to legally do things on my own.

http://www.dhex.com
That's who I'm signed up with. Check out my homepage, I've been pretty happy. I didn't pay what they have listed on their site for the reseller program, and I have higher limits than what they have posted. They're a reseller, reseller. They get offers from people selling space and pass it on to me. They had me with 5GB limit per month and I told them I needed more, so they changed who I'm with and now I have 10GB per month. Can't beat it for the price.

i dont like the idea of a reseller reseller. resellers are ok!!! but not someone reselling their resold space

I am guessing they're a reseller reseller, here is from their FAQ:

Q) How does dHex work?

A) We scour the world for the best values in webhosting and bring that to you. The webhosting providers send us their offers and we screen the offers before we make it available to you. The best value is made available to you as the Current Special.

So maybe their just a middle man and skim some cash off the sale. Oh well they have 800 tech support and I've been real happy w/ 'em. dHex is owned by a subsidiary of iGiri, LLC; a Nevada LLC (whatever that is worth). And they list a buncha people who are supposed to be important here:

http://www.dhex.com/about.asp

Had 1 downtime in a month, and it was resolved within 5 minutes on the phone.

If it goes to crap I'll post on here too ;oP Just stay away from www.datapacket.net !!!!

Technically Myacen is a reseller, reseller, I THINK that they buy rackshack decicated servers, and then do ressellers off that, I don't mind as long as I feel I can trust the company and if I hear good stuff from other people about them

Hi,

Yes, Myacen leases servers off Rackshack just as we do off Rackspace but I would hardly call us resellers. We rely on DCs for hardware support etc but the services are ours. We are responsible for the running of the server etc.

Of course if you pick it apart, the space on the HD is part of the server which is leased hosts like us with deds (99%) could be called resellers as that space isn't "ours". But the difference between this and normal reselling is in the understanding of the terminology......

dHex.....that's actually not a bad idea. I mean, how many middle men are there before a product at the store gets to you? Not too surprising that there would be middle men popping up in the hosting industry. I believe they would be called independent resellers since they dont have to rely on the host's reseller plans.

Back