• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reseller Offers?

Schmarvin

Cross Industries
NLC
Should Glacier Host open its doors to free reseller hosting?
I have been thinking about this a few weeks. But, I don't want to just have everyone sign up for it. In all reality, I just want to offer it to those who want to host their friends or want sub-sites under different accounts for easier management. I don't want to just give it to everyone as they will just start up a free or paid hosting and earn money from my generosity.

Any ideas?

Then make the "Reseller Program" to be a upgrade for loyal members, let's say for members who used your hosting for 6 months or make a contest.

I say no. If someone gives out free hosting to the wrong people, your IPs could be banned from email servers across the country.

I say no. If someone gives out free hosting to the wrong people, your IPs could be banned from email servers across the country.

Good point - but couldn't email services be disabled? Force users to use something like Google Apps instead (which offers an SMTP server to its users).

Good point - but couldn't email services be disabled? Force users to use something like Google Apps instead (which offers an SMTP server to its users).

The only problem with Google Apps is they do not allow you to use abuse@yourdomian. Instead, all email received from that email address is sent to them directly. If you just want to use Google Apps for personal use it isn't a real issue but for anything else it is a huge issue.

The only problem with Google Apps is they do not allow you to use abuse@yourdomian. Instead, all email received from that email address is sent to them directly. If you just want to use Google Apps for personal use it isn't a real issue but for anything else it is a huge issue.

That's why I don't use them anymore. If you use google apps, you might as well use all the apps at once just to make use of it.

Should I just offer 3-5 free resellers at first?
If they open their own free hosting crap, I'll just shut them down.
I mainly want to offer this to those who have a few friends who want blogs and such. Its not meant to be a big thing that I offer.

Should Glacier Host open its doors to free reseller hosting?
I have been thinking about this a few weeks. But, I don't want to just have everyone sign up for it. In all reality, I just want to offer it to those who want to host their friends or want sub-sites under different accounts for easier management. I don't want to just give it to everyone as they will just start up a free or paid hosting and earn money from my generosity.

Any ideas?

Haven't you opened and closed your free host multiple times?

Haven't you opened and closed your free host multiple times?

No, I still have original clients from back in 2008 and some from before. Glacier Host clients have been with me, if they decided they wanted their site restored on my new servers. I opened Cross Industries to start my own company, which is now registered in the state of South Carolina as a sole proprietorship/dba.

But, I recently bought the domain back to split web hosting, as its not my primary method of income, and use Glacier Host once again. It is not a registered company, just part of Cross Industries to provide a little bit of web hosting to those who need it. Though, you do have a good eye.

Back