• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reseller meed

Darko

I'm running a few websites and my current host has been getting worse everyday. I've been with them for 3 years and the only reason i stuck around was because i felt like i'm getting a good deal, but i'm not sure anymore. Even though i renewed last month, the last wave of crap that i found myself dealing with, convinced me that i need to switch.

I'm looking for a reseller account with these features:

-Long history.....no one man shows
-PHP/Ruby/Python/MySQL
-WHM/cPanel/Fantastico (ability to create as many cpanel account as i want)
-At least 1 account with ssh access to all the domains i have, and it doesn't have to be automatic, i can open tickets requesting ssh privileges everytime i create a new account
-lots of space and bandwidth

i'm currently paying 55$/year and not very flexible on the price. But, still willing to negotiate a good price that would get me away from my current host

Last edited:
Perhaps only spending $4.58/mo. for a "lots of space and bandwidth" reseller account explains why the host is getting worse every day. $4.58/mo. is about the price you should expect to pay for a decent single shared hosting account (non-reseller). The reseller clients are paying that, and can then turn around and create hundreds or thousands of accounts on the server, completely overloading the server. I can guarantee that the server is completely oversold.

Unfortunately, if you're not flexible on the price, you're just going to keep running into these issues over and over again, and jumping from host to host.

Good luck though!

I'm running a few websites and my current host has been getting worse everyday. I've been with them for 3 years and the only reason i stuck around was because i felt like i'm getting a good deal, but i'm not sure anymore. Even though i renewed last month, the last wave of crap that i found myself dealing with, convinced me that i need to switch.

-PHP/Ruby/Python/MySQL
-At least 1 account with ssh access to all the domains i have, and it doesn't have to be automatic, i can open tickets requesting ssh privileges everytime i create a new account

i'm currently paying 55$/year and not very flexible on the price. But, still willing to negotiate a good price that would get me away from my current host

Why do you need SSH in order to access your domains? You can access everything with the proper permissions in either cPanel or Directadmin.

how much space and bandwidth do you need?

In addition to this, would you be interested in trying out a new control panel?

space: 15~20GB
bandwidth: 40~50gb

i dont want anything other then whm/cpanel and i need ssh access to do basic tasks

$4.58 a month is less than it would cost for someone like me to even come close to your resource requirements, I'm showing at least $18 a month for me to match those requirements on my Cpanel server, and I cannot allow unlimited accounts- you'll slow my poor servers to a crawl doing that.

It's no wonder you're having trouble, sounds like they've got you signed up to an unlimited/unmetered cut-rate show and are hitting their capacity limits.

And with your requirements, you're pushing VPS territory especially because of the SSH need- although the CPanel licensing for one is nearly $15 a month by itself. Make that a managed VPS so that it behaves like the resellers you are used to, and you're talking close to $50 a month for a service of good quality.

Last edited:
his bandwidth and space request is not out of the question. I can most certainly meet that. But there would be account limits, database limits(number of them) as we don't oversell our resources. But the thing that really gets me is the need for ssh, I can't think of any reason a reseller would need that.

I actually have no problem at all with the SSH. I do have a problem with those kinds of resources for $4/mo. though. I wouldn't even break even on my servers at that price.

-PHP/Ruby/Python/MySQL

Are you looking for USA or UK hosting ? You will get good features with competitive price.

Back