• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Requesting Sponsor

Just some advice that may help bring in a few bucks...

Offer paid hosting as well... I have never understood why anyone would want to get into free hosting because it just is asking for trouble IMHO.

If you can get a couple paid customers at $4-8 per month then you will be able to cover the cost of the VPS.

If you look on any of my sites you will not see one advertisement, anywhere. I tried the whole ads thing and the little that the ads generated was not worth ruining my visitors experience on my site.

Do not rely on adsense to pay your server bill every month. Offer quality hosting for a reasonable price. Post an ad here on FWS and get some paying customers to cover the cost of your bill.

No, I can sustain the VPS on my own. I just don't want to pay for something, constantly on my own which I know should be making a profit from ads and such.

Dude, we've all been there. You need to stop posting about your problems paying the bills for your hosting service, and start advertising some paid hosting services. Advertising doesn't have to cost you money either, start posting in blogs, forums, directory sites, make your site SEO friendly, etc. I was in that money pit for about 6 months before I saw any kind of profit, running a host takes time and work, if you don't have the time or desire to put the work in then you need to see if you can get a current free host, like KwiX, to take your free hosting clients off your hands so you don't look like a jerk for leaving all your customers in the dark. Don't think you're the only one that's ever been in this situation, cause like I said we've all been at that point where we're not making a dime and still footing the bill.

Last edited:
If you are offering only free host with no intention of spending more money to setup a paid hosting cluster, how about using HostICan's referral program? that is what we are currently doing. You earn a decent amount of cash if the user signs up and gets verified by HostICan. It's $90/signup. It's a sweet deal if you ask me :)

http://www.hostican.com/company/affiliates.php

edit:
HostICan supports bonuses for our performing affiliates. Performing affiliates have the advantage of earning $250 bonus for 25 new referrals per month, $500 bonus for 50 new referrals per month, and $1000 bonus for 100 new referrals per month.

even sweeter :) (you have to email if you think you are getting more than 15 before hand)

Last edited:
Hello Schmarvin,

Are you looking for sponsors for your VPS, I might be able to sponsor you with a VPS, if you are interested please email me at nameersk [at] gmail [dot] com

Regards,

You know what, just because people think I'm a jerk in this thread...Mods, can you please lock this topic?

Everyone keeps implying that I can't handle the server. If your saying that, your an dirtbag and I don't understand why you'd even post. But, I do appreciate everyone who is posted here, you can still PM me if you wish. Thanks~!

You know what, just because people think I'm a jerk in this thread...Mods, can you please lock this topic?

Everyone keeps implying that I can't handle the server. If your saying that, your an dirtbag and I don't understand why you'd even post. But, I do appreciate everyone who is posted here, you can still PM me if you wish. Thanks~!

if you are implying to the fact to make you some more money without the need to spend more, then you stated yourself in the first post:

At the moment, I'm looking for a sponsor or sponsors to help pay for the VPS.

you said that yourself. all we where doing was giving you ideas and now we're in the wrong?

No, but people keep stating that I'm doing something bad by requesting help. I love working with people and getting help. I enjoy helping people with what they need. And no, I'm not saying its fair, I enjoy helping people and receiving help. There is nothing bad in volunteering or sponsoring, is there?

not at all. i can't really say anything, after all just look through my posts in the Ads & Offers. I asked for the same thing you did. (not for me, personally.)

Yea, I know. Thanks for the ideas. I may or may not be able to start up paid hosting. As my last attempts have all failed.

Schmarvin,

You might got me wrong, your looking for someone to sponsor you in paying for your VPS! I suggested I might be able to sponsor you and you could manage it, I didn't say I wanted to manage it, I said you might be looking for someone to sponsor a VPS instead of paying for your current VPS. Anyways, I was just trying to help I didn't mean anything other than that, you were looking for a sponsor I was trying to fill the spot. Thanks for your time.

Regards,

If you can pay for it from your pocket which your making it sound like why would you come asking people for money?You also said you don't like doing it so just cause you don't like paying the bills you want somebody else to? I'm doing it and yes it's hurting my wallet but it's a choice you make when opening a business.

Back