• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Requesting Sponsor

Schmarvin

Cross Industries
NLC
Hello, I'm the founder of Glacier Host. I have successfully brought my idea of a great webhost to reality and have expanded vastly. But, I'm currently having trouble getting most of the money to pay for the VPS. Currently, Glacier Host receives over 1000 uniques per month and is continuing to grow.

At the moment, I'm looking for a sponsor or sponsors to help pay for the VPS. Don't worry, you'll get the following in return.
  • Free designs
  • Banner advertisement on top of site/forum
  • If sponsor is a paid host, will refer clients/visitors looking to buy hosting
  • "Sponsored by and afifliated with ...." at the bottom of site

If the above is not enough, and you'd like to work out a better deal, just PM me. I'd like to start a friendly partnership.

Please PM me or email me at sMarvin359@gmail.com

Right now, I've got a discount for tomorrow which is $42.96
Usually is about $67.96, but aiming to keep my discounts.

so i take it that means you dont turn a profit :(

I might donate a few bucks to your cause to help you out for the month. Dont like to see a good host die for no reson.

As much as you want. Preferably not something that will not help at all. I once had a smarta** donator who donated $0.01 and laughed about it.
But, all in all. Its up to the sponsor. I do earn a profit, but not enough to fully pay the bills. I hate fully paying out of my pocket and its sad to see the host growing so well that it can't pay for itself.

If you earnings dont cover the bills, then its not profit now is it :p

No, i wouldnt be smartass about it and give you 0.1c. Im sure most the ppl around here arent like that. From what ive seen, MOST of tis community is good people. Im sure several would be willing to help out, even if you technically are a compeditor.

I want just thinking of slinging you $10. Get 3 more ppl and u got ya bill paid for the month.

Schmarvin a couple of pointers if I may :)

1. Your latest blog post is that your shutting down unless... Remove that as it will be googled and will not look good on searches - remove it now! :D

2. You've got a host, a good one I think, in your sig now. That will make it hard for other hosts to sponsor as you've made an affiliation.

3. How about offering your current clients a low cost (say 50 to 75 cents) package for an upgrade, but don't go nuts, enough to pay PP fees and have a little left over with a great rating in the forums or whatever.

Hope it helps out :)

Well, I do have that plan. I'm looking to fully open my paid hosting. But, I am currently looking at a partnership, also, where do you see it stating that I'm "Closing down"? I just hate fully paying out of my pocket because its keeping my personal life down. I love to give people free hosting, and I regulate it so no one abuses the services. Therefore, its doing great on what I provide, but not so great on my wallet.

I don't need a server/vps sponsor. Just some donations and then in return, you get your banner/ad placed on the top of the site.

Did you read the above?

Just some ideas to help, and if you provide free hosting be prepared for your wallet to get emptied, or don't leave it too late to ask for sponsors.

xD I'm halfway there on my own, lol. Waiting for paypal to transfer the money from my bank. Or maybe, get a sponsor before then. :D

Already been close to the line of bankruptcy many times. xD

:eek3: Do you think this would help in those circumstances?

That's not needing a sponsor that's looking for money to be poured in, are you in debt that you want cleared.

Now be honest, as it's already in the open now you've posted. Bankrupcy is not a minor thing nor should any investor/partner/whatever get involved, nor can they as it would be illegal unless disclosed.

You would also have to legally disclose this if you are :devious2:

No, I can sustain the VPS on my own. I just don't want to pay for something, constantly on my own which I know should be making a profit from ads and such.

Well work harder :D

Strangly that's what it's about.

Or if all your life you want to go looking to someone else to help you out as you can't do it - do something else you can do.

Back