• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

request for reseller/vps cross

mainenotarynet

OK here goes:

I had Yahe-- in the beginnng and outgrew it (wanted to experiment w/ php & mysql but there help and support wasn't.

Moved to crissic sloutions and was there for about a year with 1 recurring glitch, but I would go back if they opened again (keep the dream alive Skylar - if you still read the boards)

When CS shut down I made a request here and went with Dotstrar. Here is my problem -- their mailservers keep coming up in blacklists used by the main high speed internet provider in my area. - people can not send me mail and I have no control over the mailserver's IP so now what do I do? Put up with the aggravation or start another search.

OK here is what I have now:

80GB of Disk Space (67.13MB used)
800GB Transfer (this month 531MB used -- 7th starts my month)
Unlimited Emails (14) Subdomains (3) Parked (4 - have the org/biz/us/net versios too)
Mysqls (3) FTP (3)

But under reseller I have my fiancees site and the .mobi version of my username site.

and I pay $24(usd)/month

Since shared hosting is having no control other than the reseller accounts - I am considering going reseller/VPS, Which is to say that although I have just a few sites now my long term outlook is hosting a niche market of Maine Notaries Public who happen to have websites (or want to have one) so the overkill in diskspace may not be after a while, if I can kickstart my project.

So -- Serious Proposals only:
looking for -
US Based Data centers
2 IP address (1 for sites and 1 for my email servers - I want to make sure it is clean -[not a blacklisted shared mail server)
40GB Disk/400GB transfer (Minimum with option to upgrade when income dictates it)
Unlimited email/ftp/parked/addon/subdomains/sql
custom error pages
cpanel (should be included not extra cost)
whmcs (hated clientexec) if you offer ce take the price of the license off and add whmcs, so basicly I pay only the difference in the prices. I want to pay 1 company not multi companies a month)

I may be able to go to $40 if the right offer is made.

I saw 2 I was interested in on other requests microvps and MyHozt but I also have one more requirement, must have a phone number. As ticket tag is not a game I like to play. I usually do support tickets but when the same problem keeps coming up I want a live person. If you have a proposal and do not have a phone number on your site use any IM and send company name and tel # with a contact name - I will not broadcast your number as a sign of respect.

bidding shall end in 1 week (03-18-09 through 03-25-09)

Thank you for your time

Xplhost;

Where is $45.95 price coming from? your expert VPS is 50GB and $29.95 but the advanced reseller is the same price so why 45? is this a vps/reseller or a reseller with whmcs or what? not saying unfair but custom orders tend to be just that so custom that looking at the website to see the packages available and not have a comparisson to go by is difficult.

with the 2 IPs can one be used strictly for the mail portion of my package (spam blacklist problems)?

Thanks (contender)

Keep offers coming.

This is a Virtual Private Server, and sorry, I put a typo, but it is 50GB Disk Space. Here is where I got that price...

$15.95 Base Price
$15.00 cPanel
$15.00 WHMCS

I am willing to reduce this a bit more...

$14.95 Base Price
$13.00 cPanel
$13.00 WHMCS
Final Price : $40.95

This has also been adjusted in the order link

Xplhost;

Where is $45.95 price coming from? your expert VPS is 50GB and $29.95 but the advanced reseller is the same price so why 45? is this a vps/reseller or a reseller with whmcs or what? not saying unfair but custom orders tend to be just that so custom that looking at the website to see the packages available and not have a comparisson to go by is difficult.

with the 2 IPs can one be used strictly for the mail portion of my package (spam blacklist problems)?

Thanks (contender)

Keep offers coming.

80GB of Disk Space (67.13MB used)
800GB Transfer (this month 531MB used -- 7th starts my month)
Unlimited Emails (14) Subdomains (3) Parked (4 - have the org/biz/us/net versios too)
Mysqls (3) FTP (3)
I suppose that you ned to look for the dedicated server. Reseller or VPS are not your solutions now

That is not true. If you read, they say that is what they have now, but they also say what they are using. If you also read down, they tell you what they are looking for.
I suppose that you ned to look for the dedicated server. Reseller or VPS are not your solutions now

Siber - XPL is right the 80GB is what I have now as a reseller but problems with the mail server's ip on several RTBLs are forcing my move to something I can control via a vps that I could use 1 ip for just mail and once 'hardened'? is that the term I should have no more problems - i hope.

XPL - dedicated server w/50 was 29.95 -- I am often confused by something though...

If a reseller account (or a webhosting one for that matter) gets cpanel for free then why does a dVPS pay for it? Is it because of the partitioning where it seems like it is its own box therefore needs a separate license? if so the $40.95 is reasonable enough. Where I have 3 sites I run that is why cpanel (does it come equipped with whm in this form?) plus it makes it easier to run my web features (email/mysql/ftp etc.)

Sorry for all the questions but just having created a couple sites to host is about all the knowledge I have. Going VPS will be a major jump with a learning curve.

Thanks -- Definately in the running now

Shared/Reseller accounts do not need a separate cpanel licence therefor it is free. A VPS acts like a dedicated server and you will need to purchase a separate cpanel licence for it.

mainenotarynet,

As he said, a VPS is a part of a server that has its own operating system and everything, making it act like a dedicated server. Another way to descibe it is taking one main node and making several servers out of it. Please contact me if you have any more questions, I will be happy to help!

Siber - XPL is right the 80GB is what I have now as a reseller but problems with the mail server's ip on several RTBLs are forcing my move to something I can control via a vps that I could use 1 ip for just mail and once 'hardened'? is that the term I should have no more problems - i hope.

XPL - dedicated server w/50 was 29.95 -- I am often confused by something though...

If a reseller account (or a webhosting one for that matter) gets cpanel for free then why does a dVPS pay for it? Is it because of the partitioning where it seems like it is its own box therefore needs a separate license? if so the $40.95 is reasonable enough. Where I have 3 sites I run that is why cpanel (does it come equipped with whm in this form?) plus it makes it easier to run my web features (email/mysql/ftp etc.)

Sorry for all the questions but just having created a couple sites to host is about all the knowledge I have. Going VPS will be a major jump with a learning curve.

Thanks -- Definately in the running now

XPL Looks like everythings is answered except the main concern of my current move.

with the Advanced VPS (which seems to be what you were bundling for me) having 2 IP addresses could one be set for the mail server (section?) alone so I do not have the blacklisting problems I do now?

I did notice that your website is hosted in Brazil (Flagfox for Firefox) do you have servers in the US? and a phone number was another point I made in the original post. I have skype and talk with a lady in Brazil a lot so calling would not be hard if I had to.

Also this would have to be done on or around the 7th of April - I get a government check on the 3rd but otherwise it seems you are the best of the 3 I saw as the other two stopped answwering this thread.

Hello,

Not sure why it showed us in Brazil but our servers are located in Dallas Texas. We are also bundling you the Expert package.
We should be able to set up the mail servers on their own IPs as well.

XPL Looks like everythings is answered except the main concern of my current move.

with the Advanced VPS (which seems to be what you were bundling for me) having 2 IP addresses could one be set for the mail server (section?) alone so I do not have the blacklisting problems I do now?

I did notice that your website is hosted in Brazil (Flagfox for Firefox) do you have servers in the US? and a phone number was another point I made in the original post. I have skype and talk with a lady in Brazil a lot so calling would not be hard if I had to.

Also this would have to be done on or around the 7th of April - I get a government check on the 3rd but otherwise it seems you are the best of the 3 I saw as the other two stopped answwering this thread.

OK - I shall sign up in 2 weeks (government check has to clear bank before I order - funds you know). I am not sure about the Brazil either but flagfox for firefox3 shows: www.vpspowerplanet.com (69.162.117.195) is in Brazil -- just odd.

What about data migration from where I am to you? namely a few databases and the email addresses. I supposed if I had to I could do them by hand (for the 3rd time) but an easy migration would be preferred.
Thanks
Kevin

No problem!
cPanel actually has a migration script that could be ran and it will move everything for you. We will be looking forward to having you with VPSPowerPlanet!
OK - I shall sign up in 2 weeks (government check has to clear bank before I order - funds you know). I am not sure about the Brazil either but flagfox for firefox3 shows: www.vpspowerplanet.com (69.162.117.195) is in Brazil -- just odd.

What about data migration from where I am to you? namely a few databases and the email addresses. I supposed if I had to I could do them by hand (for the 3rd time) but an easy migration would be preferred.
Thanks
Kevin

PLAN 2
40,000MB - 40GB - Disk Space
500,000MB - 500GB - Monthly Data Transfer - Dedicated Bandwidth
Cpanel/Web Host Manager
Make* Unlimited Accounts
FREE* Domain Reseller
FREE* Dedicated IP Address
FREE* Private SSL Certificate
FREE* Private Custom Name Servers
FREE* Setup
Unlimited Addon & Parked Domains
Unlimited Domain Hosting
Unlimited Ftp Accounts
Unlimited Mail Accounts
Unlimited Mysql Databases
Unlimited mailing lists
Price : $33.49 Monthly
Order Now :
http://www.111host.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=16

No IP Is in Blacklist, I have a brand new dedicated server :)

LSC - if you read the first post you would have seen I was only accepting bids up to the 23rd of March.

I have Found my new service

MODS: Please lock this thread.

Thank You

Mods:Do Not Lock this thread--Yet

The plan I had taken was not for me -- LSComputers -- What do you have to offer me?

Please read my needs first though -- I took a chance on an alternate and did not like the results

Thank You

Back