• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Request for comic fansite hosting

Hello,

After having signed up with several free hosts who had vanished within hours of my signing up, I've decided to try my luck with paid hosting.

I already have a domain name registered with GoDaddy, a heavily-modded message board which includes a non-IRC chat room and a gallery, fanfiction (with proper disclaimers in place), .WAV sound effects files and a gallery with scans of my own and other people's drawings and photos of of some of my friends' collectibles.

What I'd like:

1. Linux
  2. At least 10 gigs of space, because I plan to offer free downloads of Public Domain comics, and I have five gigs of them already.
  3. At least as much bandwidth.
  4. cPanel with either Fantastico or Softaculous
  5. Non-IRC chat allowed
  6. At least 4 MySql or PostGreSql databases to run my mb, guestbook, ZenCart and blog.
  7. MySql backups enabled
  8. $3.00 a year, if that's possible, please. My cash resources are severely limited right now.
  9. Either AlertPay or paying you directly. I don't trust PayPal.

I'm a GoDaddy affiliate, so in addition to running their ad on my Index page, I'm willing and able to include a link back or small banner ad on my index page in exchange for the lower price.

You mean $3.00 USD the whole year?... or $3.00 USD/m but yearly contract.
And why you don't trust PayPal, any special reason?

Yes, $3.00 a year, because I only have $5 in my current checking account, and I don't trust PayPal because someone hacked my account and not only cleaned out my last checking account, but left it $92 in the red.

@Cynthia, even if you really feel you can find a host for $3/year with the specs your looking for. I sadly would not hold my breath. Even with the very cheap drives/bandwidth $3/year is not enough for a truly used 10GB's of space.

Your honest best bet would be to beg a hosting company for sponsorship, and then / or then load up your site with Adsense, and a Donate Now button. You could also depending on your coding or how you upload your images, use a free image host or three to help with your images. There are several free forum providers out there as well.

I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks,
Anthony

Hi Cynthia,

Event $3/month aren't enough for a reliable service. You know... this is Free Web Space. Why don't you check their directory to find a free hosting provider. It is a risk because to use free host because your interest is not guaranteed, but since you don't have a budget, you don;t have many options.

Hello,

As others have said $3/year isn't going to be enough. That's a reasonable monthly budget however (still on the lower side of the scale). However, your requirements are reasonable so here is our offer to you personally:

Platinum Plan

- 10GB Disk Space
- 50GB Bandwidth
- cPanel control panel
- LiteSpeed server!
- Host 5 websites!
- Daily Backups!
- Unlimited Features

Only $5.99/month
Only $65.89/year < 1 Month FREE
<LEARN MORE> - <ORDER NOW!>

Included Features: Free/Instant Setup, No Overselling, cPanel, Unlimited Features (FTP accounts, email accounts, mailing lists, sub-domains, auto responders, MySQL databases), Fantastico, Spam Assassin, Customer Error Pages, Website Builder, Web Statistics (AWstats, Webalizer).

Can Run/use: HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP 5, Perl, Python, SSI, CGI-Bin, Cron Jobs, Ruby On Rails, .htaccess, PhpMyAdmin.

Learn more about our Professional Web Hosting plans or read some of our Client Testimonials.

If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.

Regards,
Jack

Last edited:
Your budget is much too low. I doubt you will not find a hosting company offering the resources for $3/year.

I'm sure you will find a hosting company that will offer such a package for $3 per year. But it's a lot of money, so request them to give you a Ferrari and villa in Hawaii as bonus!

$3 is just enough for paying 1 month of shared hosting(not a big ones).
therefore, I think u should try to run the website for 1 month and try ur best to earn some income from the website to pay for the following months.

Happy Mood.

Since i am in a good mood. I will offer a sponsorship for that amount. with a range of 50GB - 200GB bandwidth (( new server, yay )) Just PM me. or MSN me at kyismaster@gmail.com . I want to see what you can offer me. maybe free comics :lol:. but yes, you will be required to put a donate now button, since... well i will eventually increase your amount needed to be paying. never over 6 USD / month thats for sure.

Edit: i cannot offer you cpanel

Last edited:
Hello,

I can offer you the IFHOST Starter Plan for $2.99/month, if you use the the promo code Litespeed you will get 20% of your order.

Storage: 10 GB
Bandwidth: 100 GB
Addon Domains: Unlimited

* cPanel control panel
* AwStats status manager
* Fantastico
* 24/7 Monitoring
* Daily Backup

* FFmpeg + Red5
* Unlimited Emails
* Litespeed Webserver
* Unlimited Addon Domains
* SpamAssassin

* Unlimited Databases
* WebMail
* Unlimited FTP accounts
* Mobile cPanel
* 99% Uptime

Order Now be clicking here.

Check out:
http://sibername.com/en/canadianwebhosting/
# Free rvSiteBuilder
# Free WebSiteMatic SohoLaunch
# Free Joomla CMS
# Free Virtue Mart Shopping Cart for Joomla
# Free Premium Support
# High Availability Servers
# 10 Spam & Virus Free Email Address
# 3 GB Web Space
# 10 GB Monthly Traffic
# Design and upload by Dreamweaver, FrontPage or any HTML Editor
# Ruby on The Rails
# Tomcat
# JSP
$5.75 per Month

Please let us know if you have any question:
support [at]sibername.com

This is IWebHostU.COM - Hope you listen about us before. In those days we are just famous. We give you: -

Storage: 500 MB
Site Speed: 1.2GBPS
Domains: 1

> cPanel control panel
> AwStats status manager
> Fantastico
> 24/7 Support
> Backup

> FFmpeg + DDOS Protected
> Unlimited Emails
> Litespeed Webserver
> Unlimited Addon Domains
> SpamAssassin

> Unlimited Databases
> WebMail
> Unlimited FTP accounts
> SLA
> 99% Uptime

PRICE: $0.99

We accept ALERTPAY - PAYMENTS! :D

This is not even a dollar.. So ORDER Today.

Thank YOU!

Last edited:
We do not offer cheap web hosting but we provide good service. And if you can increase your budget we will be able to provide you good web hosting service.

Since i am in a good mood. I will offer a sponsorship for that amount. with a range of 50GB - 200GB bandwidth (( new server, yay )) Just PM me. or MSN me at kyismaster@gmail.com . I want to see what you can offer me. maybe free comics :lol:. but yes, you will be required to put a donate now button, since... well i will eventually increase your amount needed to be paying. never over 6 USD / month thats for sure.

Edit: i cannot offer you cpanel

i can now offer you cpanel

Back