• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[req] Free hosting of a new Movie trailer (80mb)

PSCave

Greetings fellow forum friends,

I work in an independent film company and we are currently working with a feature film. This Tuesday, we are releasing a 80mb teaser and are searching for a free web host to host the file, mainly because it will be high trafficked and our company's webhost can not handle the bandwidth.

I am guessing that it will drag around 30-40gb of bandwidth a month. We need it to be online for 1 year.

In return, we could place a text link to the webhost that are willing to host the file. If interested, please get back to me as soon as possible.

Do you need a control panel, or is it something we can upload for you via FTP and just give a link to?

Hello,

We at Ruby Ring Technologies would be willing to help you out, how would you be linking to the movie? A direct link or would you be willing to link to a page where they then download the movie? Example we support the gOS project and they link to us not directly to the file. http://rubyringtech.com/?page_id=50

Thank you,
Anthony

Hi why dont you just upload the video to something like www.ugplay.com/videos and embed the video to your site? That way you wont use up your bandiwdth. And also this site offer an download button if anyone needs to download the trailer. Plus they have SD and HD viewing.

Hope that helps with your bandwidth issue unless you need your own stuff.

Back