• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Remotely Hosted BB?

Hobbes

Where can I find a remotely hosted bulletin board?

I would like to use PHPBB but whatever is available *S*:D

I am going to use this as a "meeting place" for my friends who just graduated and are going off to college.

I understand that but this is the first board that I've actually SEEN that clause (other than in their TOS where "due to disruptions in service yadda yadda etc nlack of funding can discontinue boards at any time)

I posted there and he said that only if there's a freak bug or something will they delete your board (or if its against TOS I guess..)

I wish I could host myself.. haven't found a decent free host but I guess I can't find everything I want without going pay .. but I don't have that kind of money:rolleyes: So I guess myikonboard or that UBB one is where I"m headed.

Hi Guys...

I need help!! I've been going with upperboard for sometimes now but that host is getting worse. The server crashed a lot lately. 98% of the time we can't either access the board at all or the forum suddenly disappeared in the middle of posting. I had a lot of complaints from my members and although I like its features a lot, I started to run out of patience and think of moving to another host.

I've looked into the freeboards' listings and your suggestions above. There is something I don't quite understand, may be you can clear it for me.
1- Aimoo - I think we only have 20 free days trial, after that we have to pay?
2- Ikonboard - do they remotely host free forum? if they do, how can I apply? (I don't see the sign up anywhere ..) do I need to download anything?

Others I have used but they have too many ads :eek: I know that something for free, there has to be ads but not too many though.

What is the best one to use?

Originally posted by The Red Guy
They always maintain that stronghold over you and it's better that you host yourself. :)

True, but then again, a free host could always delete you without reason.

Back