• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Remote MySQL

AboutWeb

Hello, I am looking for a remote mysql host, if it's possible for free.
The reason is my webhost mysql servers are down, and I need a server to hold my site until mysql server is back, and to have a backup server if this happen again.

If that's the case, you may want to look into just moving somewhere else entirely. Whoever your current host is, they seem to be somewhat unreliable. Have you tried contacting them to see what's going on?

Yes I did, and they said they will work to fix this ASAP. I don't want to move my site to another host yet, as their services are good for a free host, and everything is great except this problem that started today. And I don't want to wait 24hrs until the name servers are updated...That's why I just need another MySQL server that allow remote connection.
I am using now db4free.net until I'll find a better one.

I'm pretty sure our service is the one in question. We are in a Burst.net data center and they've run into some routing issues this morning. We're working with them to restore all services as soon as possible.

Their quality used to be great, up until the recent explosion. We had no trouble with them, even after the explosion, until today. I'm hoping it's just a blip and will pass quickly. Otherwise, we'll be moving our business to another DC.

this Burst ruined my day! :cry2:
First I thought my database was hacked.
Then, I thought I messed up something - restored backups.
Smoked about 18 ciggs so fast...

I'm very sorry. I know this is not a good situation. We are doing everything we can to bring things back up quickly.

Hello,

If you visit http://hostmefree.co.uk and submit a support ticket, we can set you up an account with just the Database features enabled. This account will remain active for however long you may require it!

We will not require you to post on our forums for such a small package :D

I look forward to hearing from you!

-Dan

Our systems are coming back online now. Burst seems to have worked out the issues. As a gesture of goodwill, we have significantly upgraded several of our free hosting features, which you can view at www.nuzoka.com. I am very sorry for the extended downtime. We will be taking steps to minimize this risk in the future.

TSO, we have a problem: WordPress database error: [User 'xxxx' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 5000)]
And you said you upgraded hourly mysql requests to 50,000...
All I was doing was just editing a post...

The changes appear to still be propagating through the servers. It should not take too much longer.

Back