• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Remote linking

A

Ako

First of all, hello, I'm new.

My question:

I need a free site that allows me to upload and remote link my pictures for use on forums.
The site I previously used for this went down.

I don't need a lot of space, 5 mb would be fine.
I don't need my own website, just some space.
I obviously don't want pop-ups.
A file size limit of 150/200 k is fine.

Do you know such a site?

Originally posted by conkermaniac

How do they put pop-ups on the images?
Javascript I think.
I know for a fact if you want to include an image on a page, and use their javascript code, you recive plenty of popups. :angry2:

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Why do you have to use their JavaScript code? Couldn't you just extract the image URL without the Javascript code?
Not sure, that'd be going against the ToS I believe. ;)

I think what Conker was asking was if it was physically possible to extract the images and still have them show, not if it breaks the rules or anything (although we certainly don't encourage that here). However, imgserver might have a system that won't allow that to happen.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Sadly the first one you folks recommended pops up a "change this location to homepage?" window whenever viewing a file.
The second one (last reply) gives you a blank space which you have to edit with ftp-which I don't know.

Any other suggestion, or advice on how to fix the above problems?

Back