• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reliable host wanted

merlin

Hey everybody!
First of all,I just wanted to say that this forum and all of u guys rock ;)
I actually wanted a recommendation for a reliable host.
What i'm looking for is a reliable host with a high up-time(most important).I'm a graphic designer, so the site i'm trying to find a host for contains only pictures which means that i probably won't need much space neither a huge bandwidth eventhough i'm expecting a decent traffic.
For now, i have no use for neither php nor cgi nor MySQL. All I'm asking for is a very reliable and fast host with a good customer service, FrontPage 2002(or 2000) Extensions support, an easy to use control panel, ftp access(one account would be enough), pop3 account, and a price up to $10/month(no setup fees).
Thanks for all suggestions and I hope for a prompt reply

Usually people ask for a lot for a little
you ask for a little for a a lot.
I would reccomend myacen.com they are a good reliable trustworth host, but they have tons of features that you won't neccasarily need. You could go with a free host but the only problem with that for you will be up times. But umm you can get a really good plan from myacen.com for under $10

Hi merlin,
You might check in the web hosting advert/offers forum.
Paid hosts sometimes post their specials there.
You didnt mention how much disk space you really need but I think most co. allow free upgrades if you start with a smaller plan, outgrow it and need a bigger plan.
You might also try a search based on your needs at these directories.
www.hostsearch.com
www.webhostdir.com
Be sure to check out any potential hosts before signing up though.
Good Luck :)

Originally posted by guitarnerd
Usually people ask for a lot for a little
you ask for a little for a a lot.
I would reccomend myacen.com they are a good reliable trustworth host, but they have tons of features that you won't neccasarily need. You could go with a free host but the only problem with that for you will be up times. But umm you can get a really good plan from myacen.com for under $10

I think myacen was down for few hours few days before.

That's correct, dv2 were doing maintenance in their datacentre. The servers were up just their network was temporarily down :)

I appreciate it guys!I think i'm going with myacen.com eventhough hearing that it was down for a whole half an hour is kinda bothering me(In my case, it would have cost some money).
Ohh!one more thing!I tried to read up in the myacen.com site but I couldn't find anything abt domain parking.I have two domain names that i want to link to the same page.Does anyone know abt that?
Thanks again.
suggestions are always welcome of course.;)

i know one site hosted at myacen has uptime of about 98% according to easymonitor.

don't know if it's good for you. may not be not representitive though.

I am with myacen and that is the only downtime I have had and I have now been with them for a month and a half so 30 minutes out of 129,600 is not bad

Back