• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reliability Needed

Sodfather

It's become all too common for me to sign up with a great host, configure my poll, forums, and FormMail, and then the host drops off the face of the Earth. I'm looking for a reliable host with the following features:

Ads: Doesn't mater
Space: At least 5-10MB
Bandwidth: Doesn't matter
FTP: Yes
PHP: Yes
CGI/Perl: Yes
MySQL DB: 1

Compared to some requests that I've seen, that doesn't seem too ludicrous, although I do acknowledge that those are high standards.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

P.S. I applied for hosting with Snake Inc., but in case I'm not accepted I want to have a backup plan.

External MySQL is really sluggish though. Good suggestion and I may end up using it, but I used freesql.org once and it was slow as hell.

That's because it's hosted on a DSL line. Unlimited-SQL, to my knowledge, is hosted in a data center. meaning it's damn fast.

Flatface is hosted off cable in some guys bedroom...He keeps getting suspended from school, so it's only a matter of time before he takes his aggression out by pulling the plug. He enjoys playing "god" by refusing anyone an account...or so I've read by doing a search here. Personally, I'd rather shoot myself in the foot. :bandit2:

A lot of free hosting is slow because you're only supposed to fill the server 50-60% max for decent speed. Instead, they fill it all the way up not knowing any better. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Tsk zoobie, flat's not even like that! He's as cool as they come, it's some of the people he employs that cause the grief around there, but he needs them to run the thing. IE flat hasn't done signups himself for... hell, a long time. Volunteers do it, or more accurately, they volunteer to do it and then abuse the power or just blow it off entirely.

But anyway, alliance4.us developed with close ties to flatface, and from what I understand flat's about to take them over b/c the admin got burned out. Anyone lookin for it should check FFn for news.

Back