• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Regular Expressions in Java

lucifer

NLC
NLC
Java - it's a cool language

it must have Regular Expressions somewhere

I can't find them :(

does anyone know what classes they are in?

thanx

thanks atlas :)

the first one has a free licence which is good cos I want to sell the thing I'm writing - only for like $5 or something

Yeah, I don't use it much - takes to long to write - php is so much quicker - but I need to have multiple threads so I have only one choice as far as I can tell. could use C but it could crash the server if I divide by 0 or something ;)

I don't understand why they left reg exps out of the core classes :confused:

C++ doesn't have regex built-in either. I guess they didn't intend it as much as a text-processing type of language as perl or python.

Perl's threads are *terrible* -- java's threads are nice :)

They are in the "experimental" stage. You have to add support when you're compiling perl

Yeah, when compiling the perl interpreter on linux and unix there's an option to build in thread support

It also is possible to compile perl scripts (again, I don't use windows -- so I only know it works on linux and unix). You really don't want to do this though since it compiles in the whole interpreter into a file with your script -- so HUGE binary file :)

-mk

I'm having problems with the DNS lookup of that host, but I'll remember it for future reference.

Thanks

Back