• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Registering a few new domains...

Dusty

NLC
NLC
I'd like to register four new .com domains and one new .bz domain. Where would you recommend I register them? I'd like someplace inexpensive, but not too inexpensive-- somewhere with a low price but still enough to leave me reasonably assured about the registrar's quality. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by DeAd3viL
but biz is like 20....
He said BZ not BIZ.

Anywho, my registrar isn't cheap, doesn't do BZ, and is Canadian, so it wouldn't help you out much.

I think you should try an enom reseller. There are plenty of sites offering domain names through enom, most of them with good pricing and impressive features. Just my 2 cents.

We looked at offering .bz domains but there was so little interest that the overhead would have made them a high cost domain for us to offer - with probably no profit at all for the volume of registrations available.

We decided to sick with .biz instead - though we are always looking at adding TLDs where we can add value for the dollar :).

-t

Myacen for .bz, eh? Okay, I shall consider them, although their whois page did give a couple PHP warnings when I tried it. I could go directly through BelizeNIC (as I suspected I would probably have to, I wasn't sure if other registrars handled it. I guess now they do, though), but they're $35 a year and I was hoping for something at least slightly less.

Go Daddy for the .com's? Why are they so cheap? (Yes, I do see the link "Why our prices are so low" on their homepage, but I don't want their reason.) I'll keep myOstrich in mind also.

I'm also looking for a DNS service for one or more of the domains separate from my host, one that allows my to create a virtually unlimited number of subdomains (in the thousands, probably not as high as the tens of thousands, and no, simply wildcarding won't work) and one that can forward email from each of these subdomains to a different email address-- perhaps this may be handled by a separated service, but if possible, I'd rather it be altogether.

Thanks, we are working on our on domain registration site at this current moment :).

Try powerpipe.com for domain names :) they are cheap and a enom reseller so you will have no problems :)

Originally posted by Dusty

I'm also looking for a DNS service for one or more of the domains separate from my host, one that allows my to create a virtually unlimited number of subdomains (in the thousands, probably not as high as the tens of thousands, and no, simply wildcarding won't work) and one that can forward email from each of these subdomains to a different email address-- perhaps this may be handled by a separated service, but if possible, I'd rather it be altogether.

Try an enom reseller. They have very good prices and you get completely free dns services.

Back