• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Regarding IRC channels

Antrax

I've tried googling but with the exception of broken or old links I could find nothing else.

Is it possible to keep a permanent IRC channel? I read something about requiring eggdrops or shell access but I could not understand anything xD. I wonder if I could get these for free or so. If they're not available for free how much would it cost me approximately every month? (hope it's not much because I'm running low on money xD)

Thanks in advance for helping an absolute newbie (perhaps even a little noobie :D)

Your talking about efnet?
You need eggdrops etc for efnet but there is many other IRC networks with ChanServ who you can register your channle through
I susgest not going with efnet unless your a advanced IRC user, your efnet chanel can be taken over very easy

I need a channel for my gaming clan on wolfenstein. Typically gaming clans tend to stick with quakenet... but I've got really no idea what I have to do :D

You're looking at a paid service that supports IRC to be honest, keeping the channel open would be a bit for a host as IRC can get resource heavy at times.

If you have a Clan get them to chip in and pay for a host/channel. And ask the host if they can help. They will normally, not a scary feature for them.

Great at battle if you dont commit ;)

Last edited:
Ok thanks for help everyone :)

EDIT: Btw is gamesurge free or what? I can't find pricing :eek:

Last edited:
Back