• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Refreshing Favorites

A.J. Angel

Hey there,

I was wondering if it's possible to refresh the Favorites links list in IE under Windows.

I have added new links and they're all messed up. I would like to refresh them so they can be in alphabetical order.

Open favourites, right click and sort in whichever order you wish :)
Isn't there any faster way to sort them in alphabetical order so as to save time in case there are too many links? My IE is messed up at the moment so I can't check if there is any other method to sort it automatically.

You can create folders for different types of sites. Then drag the sites into the one they belong in.

But isn't there a way to just refresh them all so they could be in alphabetical order? I have more than 400 links and sorting them one by one... ugh!

As Jan says, open IE, click on favourites, 'right click' over a favourite (not a folder) and click on 'sort by name' - presto sorted alphabetically.

Are you sure?

When I right click on a favorite link, I only have "Open", "Create Folder", "Print", "Make Available Offline", "Send To", "Cut", "Copy", etc...

Ah - your clicking on a favourites folder, pick a straight 'favourite' one that is a direct link to a site not a sub group.

Back