• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

REDIRECTIONS? CJB rip off! Warning.

If you have no steady traffic/hits the URL redirect provider is not generating any advert traffic and therefore no money. Which is what pays for the server, bandwidth, time, etc.

A click-thru script would not be a good idea either for the reason mentioned above. As another post stated develop a site with content and some traffic should follow.

In our TOS we leave this limit very vague. I've simply not had enough measurable traffic at this point to attempt to institute a soft hit limit. I can attest that the more valuable the name you choose the more likely I would want that redirect name to be active. Traffic=adverts=revenue.

An example is someone chooses a name such as /j8yui9 (for whatever reason) whereas another person may choose a name such as /phonecards. Obviously one is more valuable commodity than the other and should generate more traffic.
If the person holding the /phonecards name does little to promote their site and therefore has no traffic then the value of that particular name is a loss. At a given point I would be forced to request the account produce traffic.

ummm... i don't think a subdirectory is a very valuable commodity. i don't care if it's /microsoft, it's basically worth as much as the person who registered it feels it's worth.

As the dictionary clearly states a commodity is something useful that can be turned to commercial or other advantage.

As a redirection provider it is my goal that my redirect names produce traffic and that the traffic produce revenue. Granted most likely will not.

The value of a top level domain or one of its subdirectory names is as valueable as the revenue it generates. Not what one perceives its value to be.

uh, ok dude. all of a sudden you show up and become the all-knowing guru of internet redirection. yeesh.

Hmm... Maybe.

Or could be I have an opinion like anyone else. Seems like your the one with the problem not me. Is it that I've said something wrong or out of place?

Don't mind keith, ccreighton. He's always like that... :)

The day he says something that's not nasty...... ;)

i'm not a nasty guy. fair, though sometimes highly opinionated, yet by no means stubborn.

Originally posted by keith
i'm not a nasty guy.
I never said you were a nasty guy. I only said that your way of expressing your thoughts is kinda nasty. :D

Back