• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

recommend hosting for small website

azi

well, i'm on the bandwagon for paid hosting now. i'd like a host that's fast, reliable, and offers these features :

15 M storage
2G traffic <-- AT LEAST 2G traffic, I average 1.5 G bandwidth per month and my website is only 2M large (5 small images and just html files)
PHP/MySql
Perl/CGI-BIN
unlimited subdomains <-- not SO important, but very nice, need at least 3, however
email with the same capacity as the website -- in other words, i can set the email to default to the storage of the website, in case of extended leave from online i don't have to worry about maxing out the mailbox etc.

and, unfortunately:

must accept paypal -- as i have no credit card.

alright then, if there are no users who know of a good webhost, are there any Providers here who have a package which fits the bill?

<<Hosts may NOT respond to general questions posted by members who are looking for advice/opinions/suggestions/recommendations on which host to choose. >>

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by azi
alright then, if there are no users who know of a good webhost, are there any Providers here who have a package which fits the bill?

Hi Azi,

Maybe we can help..

We have a one-cost hosting promotion at present for low-resource sites such as yours.

100MB Disk Space
1GB/month Data Transfer
CGI-BIN
PHP4
1 MySQL database
10 POP Accounts
10 FTP Accounts
Email Forwarding
Autoresponders
one-time payment of $99

Additional bandwidth is $1/GB/month.

--------------------------------

Moderators, you probably did not see the amendment Azi made to his/her post that is asking for direct offers from providers. I think TowerHosting.com was in the clear on this one..

<<URL REMOVED:>>

Additional rules for the Paid Hosting and Dedicated Hosting forum

Hosts are allowed to post answers about their company and services if asked by someone on the board. They are also allowed to reply to a request for hosting services if the following conditions are met:

When answering a request, you must include
1. The URL to the plan
2. The price
3. Describe or name the features that match the original request.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clangrounds Hosting

As a new host, we are offering 10% off our listed package prices when you mention FreeWebSpace.net with your order. Our Personal Plan would suit your needs, and leave you room to grow if need be:

Personal Plan
100Mb Space
5000Mb Transfer
50 POP3 Accounts
CGI, ASP, PHP, SSI
2 MySQL Databases
Plesk Control Panel
FTP Account Access
3 Subdomains
24 Hour Backup
-------------------------
$5.95/month USD
- 10% off mentioning FWS
- $5.35/month USD
- We do accept PayPAL.

We do have an Economy Plan that comes with 50Mb Space and 2Gb of Transfer, but no MySQL database. One may be purchased for an additional $2.00/month if you wanted to go with that plan instead of our Personal Plan.

If you're interested, or have more questions for me, you may send them to sales@clangrounds.net.

Hope you find the right host for you, even if you find that it is not us! :)

Originally posted by Archbob

They have a friendly staff, I'd recommend them, if they'd lower prices a bit.
The prices aren't bad for what you get though. They have their own servers at InterNAP in Boston. Dual P3 boxes with 2GB RAM and SCSI hard disks. These aren't the same cheap servers you're going to get from places like Rackshack or eServers or the like. The bandwidth from InterNAP is all high quality as well, not like Cogent or anything.

I agree that their staff is great. Both Dave and Jim are very knowledgeable and provide great support.

Of course these things must come at a price. If you don't want that kind of service, then there are plenty of other cheaper hosts out there for you. (This isn't directed at you specifically, but everyone in general.

hah, this forum has a longer response time then i'm accustomed to. didn't see any responses so i left and plum forgot about it.

well, i have a friend now who has a dedicated server who is has offered me space for 1 of my domain names.

i was going for quality, at this point -- i've had enough of cheap end offers.

-- edit

oops, hit enter before i was actually done.

i couldn't possibly accept any less than 1.5 or 2 G per month, 1.5 G data transfer is my average use, not including ftp use - which isn't SO bad for a website with only html files.

i'm doing my research into the sites recommended, thanks.

oh, as far as budget is concerned, i was *guessing* around 60 to 80 USD per year.... but i'd want a monthly plan to feeler out the place.

Last edited:
Hi. :)

You can get:

15 mb disk space
2 gb bandwidth
PHP/MySql
Perl/CGI-BIN
Unlimited Subdomains

for $2.95 per month, via paypal if you prefer paypal.

You get all the features of plan #1 as stated here:

http://www.infodoma.com/plans.php

You can also visit our forums to see other customer testimonials.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me. :)

Regards,

Originally posted by azi
well, i'm on the bandwagon for paid hosting now. i'd like a host that's fast, reliable, and offers these features :

15 M storage
2G traffic <-- AT LEAST 2G traffic, I average 1.5 G bandwidth per month and my website is only 2M large (5 small images and just html files)
PHP/MySql
Perl/CGI-BIN
unlimited subdomains <-- not SO important, but very nice, need at least 3, however
email with the same capacity as the website -- in other words, i can set the email to default to the storage of the website, in case of extended leave from online i don't have to worry about maxing out the mailbox etc.

and, unfortunately:

must accept paypal -- as i have no credit card.

Back