• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recomendation (Thanks :-) )

kitzter

Hi!

I am a Web pages designer and have some hosting accounts to host my costumer webpages and others of personal businesses.

The most(6) are very small websites (5-30visits x day) safe by one. This website have legal adult contain and generate about 70-85GB/month of banwidth and 17GB HDD. (Most are hosted at a reseller account, and others at other hosting company)

I am making 2 Game webpages. One of this, is a Forum Games Comunity and the second will have news about games and games to download (Not warez) but this website i think will have at future near more than 3.000/5.000 visits/day (Because it´s the continue of my old Gaming website...) and possible needs more than 350GB of bandwith and 25-30GB HDD.

And finally... I need your opinion because i am thinking that i need a dedicated server (And put all my websites, personal businesses and costumer webpages). What do you think about? Must I prove my new webs with a shared server? I am scared of which the web page increases quickly of visitors and they throw to me of the server and to lose all the data and BDD. My businesses are very small.. and can´t pay a lot :) (I see hosting offers how servage and dreamhost. I am controlling the uptime of some servers of both companies and have 100% -99.6%) At future possibly can pay more if I win some money with this new webpages but now..

But.. if i put all websites in one server can pay 40-45$/month... (I had seen very cheap servers at Germany... but my level of German==NULL :p )

mmm and the spects for a possibly dedicated server? For 6/7 webpages... 256MB ram, Pentium 3 1Ghz, 500GB bandwidth and 60GB HDD?

And other question. Managed or unmanaged? I know to install some programs at Linux, apache, php.. but i don´t know nothing about security, DNS services(Bind) and others... Is sufficient with having a Control Panel?(DirectAdmin,Cpanel,Confixx,Plesk...)

And finally i don´t plane to make a Hosting Company ;-) It´s only to put small webpages and 2 or three that needs more space, bandwithd, CPU... than usual.

¡¡¡Thank you very much to all!!! to listen to me and I feel if I commit some misspelling. Attempt to improve with my English ;-)

Bye Bye! :wave:

kitzter said:
And finally... I need your opinion because i am thinking that i need a dedicated server (And put all my websites, personal businesses and costumer webpages). What do you think about? Must I prove my new webs with a shared server? I am scared of which the web page increases quickly of visitors and they throw to me of the server and to lose all the data and BDD. My businesses are very small.. and can´t pay a lot :) (I see hosting offers how servage and dreamhost. I am controlling the uptime of some servers of both companies and have 100% -99.6%) At future possibly can pay more if I win some money with this new webpages but now..

But.. if i put all websites in one server can pay 40-45$/month... (I had seen very cheap servers at Germany... but my level of German==NULL :p )

mmm and the spects for a possibly dedicated server? For 6/7 webpages... 256MB ram, Pentium 3 1Ghz, 500GB bandwidth and 60GB HDD?

And other question. Managed or unmanaged? I know to install some programs at Linux, apache, php.. but i don´t know nothing about security, DNS services(Bind) and others... Is sufficient with having a Control Panel?(DirectAdmin,Cpanel,Confixx,Plesk...)
Based on the experience level you stated you should be looking at managed servers. But, I dont think you wil get that server for $40-$45 per month. Maybe you should consider a VPS. I am not sure but you may get closer to your target price range. Another option is to get a large reseller account. Be sure you choose a reputable host if you purchase a reseller account. While there are alot of good hosts out there, there are also plenty of them that promise the world for $10 and aren't able to provide a fraction of what they promise.

I would say go for a VPS instead sinc eyour needs are low. A dedicateed for you at this stage is an overkill.

NetCafe said:
I would say go for a VPS instead sinc eyour needs are low. A dedicateed for you at this stage is an overkill.

Do you think that i can manage a VPS ? VPS==Dedicated server practically... VPS have limited Ram, CPU, HDD, but to manage the account....? Is it neccesary to manage DNS, PHP, Apache, Security, etc?

why not a large custom reseller? Allready on a managed server for around the price of a VPS but without the pain of managing it.

-YaYa- said:
why not a large custom reseller? Allready on a managed server for around the price of a VPS but without the pain of managing it.

As said, a large custom reseller would possibly fit your needs perfectly. Goodluck! :)

I dont know about other hosts but our VPS comes pre-confugured to go and all our client need to do is to manage the sites.

kitzter said:
Do you think that i can manage a VPS ? VPS==Dedicated server practically... VPS have limited Ram, CPU, HDD, but to manage the account....? Is it neccesary to manage DNS, PHP, Apache, Security, etc?

Back