• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reasonable BW limits?

liquidbabe

I'm thinking of putting my site up at a free web host other than the Big Three (Geo, Tripod, Angelfire). Problem is, I don't know bubkus about BW limits. For a small-sized site less than 2 MB with only 150-200 visits per day, what do you think would be a decent BW limit? I'm thinking of going with Netfirms, whose limits are 1 GB per month and 100 MB per day, but am not sure whether that's good or I should just try somewhere else. :confused:

why would u go with netfirms when ur site is less than 2mb? Look for a host that is like 5 - 10m u will most likely if u search good find a host w/o banners and like a huge bandwidth . I don't know any good ones but if u search on this site a couple should show up

it depends on what is taking up the majority of your bandwidth usage, if its pictures then I'd suggest lowering the number to make each hit about 5-10kb, if its just shear volume then I'd suggest finding a host with 2gb a month or an unmetered one with 2-5mb of space, free.prohosting.com is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that might suit u good.

Originally posted by rapmaster
it depends on what is taking up the majority of your bandwidth usage, if its pictures then I'd suggest lowering the number to make each hit about 5-10kb, if its just shear volume then I'd suggest finding a host with 2gb a month or an unmetered one with 2-5mb of space, free.prohosting.com is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that might suit u good.

This will be a mostly text site with very little graphics, so you've pretty much answered my question. Thanks for the tip! :)

Back