• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Really cheap reseller

ppx

I've found this company that offers:

10GIG Space
100gig Bandwidth
CPanel/WHM
Unlimited Everything (mysql, subs etc.)
CGI/Perl

for only $12 a month

I would like recommendations for hosts which have similar specifications and for around the same price, have lasted for more than 6 months, and have instant activation.

I know its asking for a hell of a lot, but is it possible to get a better or similar deal?

Last edited:
How does a host make money by charging $12 dollars a month on those specs? It takes money to make to money.

Originally posted by Robert
lol are you the "host" ?
Could be :p. With these plans, we honestly do not intend to make any money of them. But you will understand that it is possible to offer a limited number of these without impacting much, if anything.

Originally posted by pcpowerplay
I've found this company that offers:

10GIG Space
100gig Bandwidth
CPanel/WHM
Unlimited Everything (mysql, subs etc.)
CGI/Perl

for only $12 a month

I would like recommendations for hosts which have similar specifications and for around the same price, have lasted for more than 6 months, and have instant activation.

I know its asking for a hell of a lot, but is it possible to get a better or similar deal?

That's some pretty cheap bandwidth, the provider must get his bandwidth for free .... nobody and i mean nobody could run a succesful business and offer than much "true bandwidth.

Re: Re: Really cheap reseller

Originally posted by Technics
and offer than much "true bandwidth.
Incorrect, we can, and we do. It was only a special hence not many accounts are going to be sold with these specs. True, if that was the only plan we offered, we would be out of business extremely quickly, but it was only a special.

Signup URL https://www.total-host.net/billing/step_one.php?gid=1 for the moment please choose "Paypal" as the payment processor, as 2CheckOut isnt setup properly. No that doesnt mean you are paying through paypal, you can still use a CC.

No offense but have you really thought about your business model? how do you cover the costs of your bandwidth if every customer was to use what they were sold? The only way i can see you doing this is by grose overselling.

No offense but have you really thought about your business model? how do you cover the costs of your bandwidth if every customer was to use what they were sold? The only way i can see you doing this is by grose overselling.
Ok, for those down the back, or those who cannot understand what i worte above, i will recap. This was a special. This plan was not meant to make a profit for us. The other plans we have, without overselling, more than make up the losses that this plan incurs. Only limited numbers of this plan was made available. Do you understand yet.....

I understood you first time, i'm also on about the rest of your plans. 50GB for $12 per month ... alright i know nothing im just a customer.

I never said you no nothing, and i am extremely sorry if that is the way you took it. It is quite easy to profit on 5GB Space and 50GB Transfer at $12/Month. Although the profit isnt huge, it will do. We are not in this business to make a major profit. Without overselling we can earn $168 Per Server Per Month with that plan, the server costs are $130/Month, so the profit is $38. Sure, it is not the biggest profit, well, it's probably one of the smallest in the hosting business, but we are not out to become rich from hosting people.

We like to be as honest as possible with our customers, and the public, so i hope this clarifies our position.

Your not out to become rich? what kind of business plan is that?

Alright, You might be 100% customer focused but nobody set's up a business just to keep people 100% happy and not make a huge profit. Earning $38 per server per month isn't even going to cover the costs of everything else. You've got to pay your bills at home, pay for your net connection. Is your host just a sideline and you have another job?

Sorry but i just don't see the point behind your business model. You drastically oversell your products, By giving so much for so little your leaving yourself wide open for being hit hard by resource hogging high traffic sites. I have a chatsite that pulls 100gb per month traffic and i pay for a dedicated server. This server costs me nearly $200 per month. I could save myself $180 per month and get your $20 account? i doubt it you'd have me suspended within 2 weeks for using too many resources (my chat can have 100 people init at once and only use 0.70 of a servers processor). I'd hate to be in your shoes when 3 or 4 people max out there bandwidth ...

You drastically oversell your products
I'm sorry? Drastically oversell? I honestly have no idea where you got that from, but we do not oversell space, nor data transfer. If someone wants what they have purchased, it is there for them. It's that simple. Yes, i do have another job, as do the other few people involved, that does not mean we provide piss poor service, or support. Ask our customers, we are usually online when they need us, and we do our best to fix up any problems for them.

If you have a problem with us giving this to our users, and not asking for much in return, then you are welcome to that opinion, but as far as i am concerned our users matter most to us, not the money, and we are going to be here for ages. Plain and simple. We do not, and are not intending to go anywhere. Besides, you say crap about our profit above, im terribly sorry for being honest, no really i am, please go out and find another host willing to give you those figures, at the drop of a hat, to prove a point.

We are commited to our customers, not you, and that is all that counts.

Yours Sincerely,
Luke Evans.

Your With RackShack right? so you get 700gb of transfer per month this is for out going and incoming. If i remember correctly it's around 520 to 580 for the kinda traffic your customers require.

So break that down 5 customers who get your reseller package for $20 per month take 500gb of your package at rackshack. So thats each persons 100gb allocated. that leaves you less than 100gb for the rest of the customers you place on each box. that 700gb you get from rackshack is for in and out bandwidth. to make up the money you make from the server you have to oversell your bandwidth.

do the maths your overselling and it's easy to see except by you. Overselling isn't a bad thing most people do it and get away with it ... what im trying to point out is that if they do use all the bandwidth your looking at a loss for that month :) and if the trend continues the losses will get bigger!

Your With RackShack right? so you get 700gb of transfer per month this is for out going and incoming. If i remember correctly it's around 520 to 580 for the kinda traffic your customers require.

So break that down 5 customers who get your reseller package for $20 per month take 500gb of your package at rackshack. So thats each persons 100gb allocated. that leaves you less than 100gb for the rest of the customers you place on each box. that 700gb you get from rackshack is for in and out bandwidth. to make up the money you make from the server you have to oversell your bandwidth.

do the maths your overselling and it's easy to see except by you. Overselling isn't a bad thing most people do it and get away with it ... what im trying to point out is that if they do use all the bandwidth your looking at a loss for that month :) and if the trend continues the losses will get bigger!

That could be quite true, except for the fact that the only reseller plans we have sold are 3 of the specials, 4 of the normal $12/Month ones, and more shared plans.

The server they are on currently has about 130ish GB of transfer free, which we are going to leave, because we are getting a new server soon for out new signups. So far in the 15ish days of this billing period, the server has yet to break 60GB of transfer. While I am not saying that will continue, nor do I expect that to continue, the server does have enough transfer for all of our customers, trust me on that.

Whilst you are correct that we are working on paper thin margins, we are organising it so that the servers will even themselves out, and we are going to try our best not to oversell, which at the moment, we are not.

Last edited:
Hello, I am the owner of Total-Host.net, and I really don't appreciate it when you tell us that were over selling or doing things we aren't. Until you KNOW that we are over selling, please do not continue to reply this way. Total-Host.net has been around for a year, so we are not just starting out. And as Luke said, we are committed to our customers, we will not lie to them in order to get sales like a couple of hosts I have dealt with before starting my own host(not pointing any fingers).

Sincerely,
Dan Schofield

Back