• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Rate my webdesign (not finished yet)

AndreVR

My first mini-portal....

Please, rate my website

HERE .

It's not finished yet, and the links are not working, but I'd like to know if my webdesign is good...

Thing I'd like to be rated (0 - 10):
Colors:
Organization:
Overall:

(feel free to rate everything, this was just a suggestion) ;)

(SORRY: I've corrected the link!)

Last edited:
Re: My first mini-portal....

Design/Layout: 9 out of 10
Graphics/Style: 8.5 out of 10

- One thing I can suggest is changing the white text hover on the orange buttons to a different color. It is very hard to see when highlighted.
- Overall very neat design

Overall: 8.75 out of 10 (87%)

Thanks!

Yeah, you're right Giancarlo. For me is no problem to see, coz I know very well what is written there.... :D

That's the reason why I'd like u to rate my site.... to see other's view point. And please, If anyone is using Opera or any kind of Linux browsers, please TELL ME if the javascript menu in the left is in the right position.

I've had many problems with this before... It works well with IE, but with other browsers... :(

I visited your site with IE6 and Opera6. All I get with Opera is a blank space where your nav is supposed to be.

Using your rating criteria (out of 10), here are my scores:

Colors: 7.5
I don't like the yellow nav bar at the top. I also don't like the font choice here either. It doesn't fit in with the blue scheme. The choice of the colors in the logo doesn't look too great either. I like how you were consistent with the font in the body, but it was a little TOO consistent that it became boring. Consider choosing a different font for the headers for some variation.

The logo (JPA.net) looks really ugly, and the title images of each section (Menus, Destaque do mes, Ultimas noticias, etc.) look awkward. I can't really describe it though. However, it was a nice effort. It's great because at least you didn't use big bold text! :D I don't like how you make the site look rounded and blocky at the same time. The edges on some of the sections are too sharp, and they look strange when you compare them to the rounded headers. I don't know...I don't like those dividers for the "Ultimas noticias" section either.

Organization: 7.5
Very organized template. Looks a little too squished though. Make the table wider. Also, why are there two of those header thingies at the bottom right-hand corner without any content inside them? :confused: Also, on some parts, the links branching out left nav-bar actually covers up your nav bar. For example, if you hover over "mIRC & scripts", you get this little box that pops out. It covers up your nav bar a little too much, and that's not an effect that you want.

Overall (not an average): 7 (70%)

That's why I no longer review your site +chips, cos I know you don't care about all surfers :p :devious2:

Maybe I should use iframes to check it out :rolleyes:

Sorry Andre for taking this off topic :cry2:

I'm not really going to give this site an overall score but I will make one overall comment.

Its a good clean design. What I mean by that is that its not messy and well organised. Maybe you could add some pictures to it to make it more lively. I think your colour scheme is quite good but I'm not sure if I like that logo. Just some suggestions.

Wow! It's really similar!

Yeah.. you're right... it's very similar to BhLegend....

Well, the logo I must admit it sucks at all... And the design... well, for the truth I didn't make this design.... It was a friend of mine that gave me this design, and I made the PHP programming, menus, etc....... but... it looks very equal to the BHLegend page!! I'm almost sure that my friend copied delibaretaly this design!! SUXXX :mad:

For the Netscape problem.... well, I think I'll have to change the whole code for this menu to work properly. NetScape didn't even see my <div></div> code?! :confused:

So.... I think I'll have to change many things... and I'll try to make a new design.. I don't want to be a design stealer......

Comments:
-Nice site, but use more graphics.

Design: 900/1000
Speed: 970/1000
Organised: 850/1000
Graphics: 700/1000

Overall(Including speed): 855/1000, 86/100, 9/10
Overall(Excluding speed): 817/1000, 82/100, 8/10

Back