• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Rant] People who Post and Never Come Back!

Robert

NLC
NLC
This is my daily rant:

I visit a few forums - fws, wht, hho, dslreports and on most of them you'll get people who are new, post a question, and have anywhere from 5-15 replies to assist them in fixing their problem or answering the questions they asked and then.. they never return.

So I hardly answer the question right away - I let a few people answer it - see if the OT starter comes back and replies - and then I answer the question.

:callme: :callme: :callme: :crying5: :doh!: :doh!:

what's the big deal? You should know better than anybody that a lot of new members are annoying as ----...therefore, the less they post, the better.

Originally posted by Blank Verse
what's the big deal? You should know better than anybody that a lot of new members are annoying as ----...therefore, the less they post, the better.

True. But it's not really this forum that I have the problem.. it's the other forum (DSLReports). ARGH!

Well, their problem's solved. They see no need to return.. unless some other problem turns up. I personally don't think that's too big of a deal. Basically, you help people because you want to help them. If you don't, then don't reply. If you do offer your help, that means you wish to assist the person in getting his problem solved. This doesn't mean that that person has to keep coming back to the forum just because you lended him a hand or an arm. This isn't about trading. This is simply giving advice purely out of one's goodwill. If you haven't the heart to help the poor guy out, then don't.

If you're ranting about them not even posting a thank you note afterwards, then I'm right with you. It's extremely rude.

Yes, I hate when they don't reply, and tell you that their problem has been solved.

So, why not add a little note at the bottom of your post saying "Please tell me if this fixes your problem".

Originally posted by Blank Verse

Hahahah!!!

Anyway, this happens at Free Webspace forum.

Originally posted by Canuckkev
So, why not add a little note at the bottom of your post saying "Please tell me if this fixes your problem".

Like that ever works.

I'm just gonna start requesting their name, address, city, state, zip and telephone number. And then i'll leave messages on their answering machine confirming their problem was resolved.

"Hello, This message is for __________. I'm calling in reference to the help problem _______ posted on FreeWebSpace Dot Net to verify the problem was infact resolved. Thank You"

:applaudin :applaudin

:p It just shows up ignorant people for what they are - a nice thanks or got it and here's what I did would be great but usually their a bit self involved and couldn't give a rats ---. Best leave it with no replies if you see a post count of zero. All give AND take.

There's nowhere in the rules that says you HAVE to leave a reply saying things worked out and leave a thanks. Sure it's nice, and maybe the right thing to do...I know I always do, but it's in no way required. These people come here for help, and they can get it.

I always don't reply either:

1. I forgot I posted that
2. My problem is solved

I'll try to reply next time I guess.

I like to thank those who have helped me usually with a pm or e-mail rather than a general post, but I sometimes do the latter.

Back