• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ranking in search engines

MAYDAY

I am a new business on the website at parfumsareus.com and I have been trying to get ranking on search engines since October 2006 with no luck. What am i doing wrong. My key words are pertty good and my meta tag discriptions are good. I don't understand why I can't get ranking. can someone tell me what i have done wrong?

Well, checked on google and your site is listed.

Get a program like WebPositionGold and check your rankings for your keywords. Maybe you're on page 2, maybe 28. You would then talk about improving your ranks :)

I would also think about redesigning your site. It does not look professional enough and I wouldn't buy something off it. Look into OSCommerce for the store script and Templatemonster for a nice template for oscommerce.

Compare it to perfume.com for example. See a difference?

Make a google account, they have some tools to analyze your position within google for most frequently used keywords for your website.

An alternative way is digitalpoint.com. They have some very useful tools too to track your position within search engines.

I noticed you don't have a pagerank yet. Since when is your site online? If quite recently (less than 1 month), give search engines some time.

Don't expect high positions for all brand names you are selling. It's a very competitive 'market'.

MAYDAY, what are the different things you have been doing to try to increase your ranking?

Place your link on at least a PR6 website.

The higher the PR you place your link on, the quicker G will index it.

Google is famous for taking ages to index a site.

Get more backlinks for your site . Submit it to quality and trusted link such as directories, classified ads, articles, press release and social bookmarking.

I am a new business on the website at parfumsareus.com and I have been trying to get ranking on search engines since October 2006 with no luck. What am i doing wrong. My key words are pertty good and my meta tag discriptions are good. I don't understand why I can't get ranking. can someone tell me what i have done wrong?

First, you will need to optimize your site. You are using the wrong keywords policy. Google might consider your site as keyword spam. Also, try to convert your site to table-less design will help a bit

Adding fresh content to your site and links from relevant pages with godd PR are essential factors for good rankings and getting enough traffic.

Back