• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Random Overheating?

niv

striking reality
NLC
So I started up GW and my 3700+ shot up to 81C... :confused:
I've never seen it do that--shut it down, let it sit for like 20 minutes, and now it's fine...what gives? The thermal paste doesn't dry up, especially if it's wedged between the die and the heatpipe, afaik.

Well, the machine actually did hang up, and the 81C came from the PC health section of the BIOS after I had reset it.

AS3 installation complete--now to wait while the burn-in period passes. The stuff BestBuy uses is like super glue...the ICE pipe took my CPU with it when I tried to get it out of the machine. I thought you couldn't release a CPU without pulling up the lever? :confused:

I can't find my AS5 if my life depended on it. :p

And I was getting sick of this random overheating so I used what I had...AS3. Was the standard back then and still kicks butt, but not as well as AS5 kicks AS5...err, butt.

Yaay for swear filter. :(

Even in this break-in period, I'm already getting a drop of 2C when idle. So, it's not as overrated as you think it is...especially since this heatpipe is so efficient. Without a good conductive compound, the heatpipe is not being used like it should.

Meh.

The retail HS w/ TIM keeps my 3000+ at 39C under load, so I'm not gonna complain.

No doubt AS will knock at least a couple degress off, but I don't think it's worth it, personally.

Back