• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

.ram help

Abush

DP MAC SC UC...
NLC
I just posted this question and I don't know where it went so here I go again.:rolleyes:

I am having trouble streaming a .rm from a server that supports streaming. To make things simple what is needed to be inside the .ram file in order for it to stream the .rm without downloading it?

Just the URL of the .rm file (ex: http://www.yoursite.com/stuff.rm)

Streaming .ram files are usually just text files.

Originally posted by abush
why does it say a general error accoured ??

What version of RealPlayer are you using?

Is there any way you could show us your ram file?

Last edited:
The best way to do it is to use Real Producer and use the upload function. Then it will stream as it should without actually downloading the file. You will see that when you single click on the URL for your file, it loads a download box.

I don't have Real Producer I have Helix Producer Basic. I think Real Producer costs money. And I like freebies:D

Not meaning to be snide, but...

There is a free version of Real Producer is you took some time to look for it.

Search engines are your friend. That link above, found w/the help of Google, will take you to RealProducer G2. You can also find a download site for RealProducer 8 through a search engine.

Just some friendly help.

Back