• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Quick Review

[lhomme]

I've decided to redo the layout for my site and came up with the following:

http://www.acafe.net/index.htm

Its not complete - I just need a few suggestions before I continue:

1. How to improve it or any browser problems that arise... and
2. If I should create another "printer friendly" type layout for the site with no graphics and lighter colors (blackish text and whitish background) and give visiters the oppurtunity to choose.

Any (useful) feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Nice Layout, but if the site is made for students, dont ya think they wont need your games section. Keep your content precise.

Thanks for the help but I still need to know if I should create a more printer friendly (and smaller sized) version.

Btw slimeredr, the game section does come in handy alot ;) (I'm a student btw).

Print outs

First I want to say, I like your layout.
It looks like everything will be straitforward and easy to get to.

As far as printables....

If you are planning on posting tutorials or something students will want to reread at a later time (or use as a reference), providing them with printable versions is a wonderful thing to do.

I run an art education site and I'm constantly being asked (and nagged) about posting printable versions of all of the art lessons.

Just remember...
If you do decide to create printer freindly pages, you'll have to create all of your lessons twice (once for web, once for print).
Print versions also have to be layed out slightly different as well, with narrower margins and printable fonts.

The nice thing is if you do decide to create printable versions, you will have at least a few visitors who will thank you for all your effort. :)

You could also offer print versions only to paying (or non-paying if you don't want to charge for it) members.

Back