• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Questions about Clicksor and Traffic Swarm

cococomics

Hi. I signed up for clicksor yesterday. I was just wondering how long I should expect to wait for any type of correspondence. And also for the (pending) beside my site to be (active).

Also, is Traffic Swarm (trafficswarm.com) really worth while?? Any help with these questions would be appreciated.

Hmm.. I am trying trafficswarm, and there are no fees for the free one, but they ask you to change your homepage, to earn credits or whatever. You don't HAVE to, just as long as you go to the suggested start page every once in a while and click on something interesting.

Change your homepage? Does trafficswarm give any reason?

I have used clicksor for a week. I satisfy its service. The earning is ok for me

When I last looked Clicksor was a Contextual Ads Program, which still is and TrafficSwarm is a Traffic exchange program where you don't earn cash from them. You only earn free advertising in exchange for showing their ads on your site.

Traffic Swarm, The DOWNLOW

:biggrin2: I know you all think that traffic swarms may be ineffective, but most of the sites offer free hits to sign up, like 1000 or so.

To some degree it is untarged traffic, but I have found they have driven alot of visitors to my website, obviously some of them are alot more effective than others.

I think the key to marketing any website is to utulize a number of different methods, Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Submission, Traffic Swarm programs, Forums, you name it, just like when you invest your money, investing your marketing in different areas will help you to determine what works for your site.

Someone said that marketing your website to other webmasters is ineffective... ? Well at least most of those people actually have some money to splurge, instead of ineffective bulk mailing that can get you banned by your ISP and even fined. :shame:

Definately do some research, try to find programs that give you statistics so you can see what works for you.

I'd try also searching the internet for "Showsell.pl" if you want a cgi banner script for your website that you can fully moniter and look after yourself.

If you would like to see a number of different autosurf programs available try www.reapnetwork.com (click here)

Personally I have tried purchasing targeted traffic, adwords, seo and so on and I find that trying out different methods will most definately help you to see what works best.

If you are trying to keep things local, I'd suggest you search for online classifieds in your area, there are usually quite a few sites around that will allow free advertising in any given area.

Before purchasing large amounts of advertising, I'd suggest trying the most basic offer first and see how that works before you go spend your hard earned money on something that could be a waste of time.

Most websites say they are going to make you a success if you use their programs, I mean who wouldn't if your trying to sell something, you want to say "I'm the BEST!" because the market is swamped with so many choices these days.

I'd also be careful about signing up to affiliate programs that are a waste of time or the types that will annoy the visitors to your site.

All in all, I am no super professional at this game, I don't believe that many people truely are. However I have been using the internet now for about 8 years and always have enjoyed website design as a hobby. I have found putting a personal edge to your site makes it more effective, as people can relate to real things.

Hope this can help a few people, this forum is great!

* For anyone that would like to include their site on ReapNetworks Autosurf program without signing up :

Username email : outofcontrol@rogers.com
User Password : demomail

In my opinion, I don't suggest the webmaster to use autosurf program to earn traffic. As everyone knows, autosurf program has no real viewer to see your page. Instead, I prefer to have banner exchange, text link exchange or po under exchange. This program can find real viewers who are interesting your website.

I have long since stopped with trafficswarm. I realized it was a waste of time and not really improving traffic. If anyone here is interested in a link or button exchange, PM me.

I'm trying now trafficg.com Trafficswarm is not good since they charge credits for displaying your link in a 8 link page. I had 1000 credits in few days (surfed like crazy) and from hundreds of credits i had tens of actual visits (as all webmasters have some statistics enabled, I was able to see the real visitors).
Now I try TrafficG. I can see the visits happen and it's a 1to 1 rate. I make 50 credits, I get 50 visits.

traffic swarm only charges credits when your link is clicked actually also when your surfing you have the chance to get upto 1000 credits just for 1 link thats 1000 views for 1 link which isnt bad

Then how come I had 300 credits used and only 20-30 actiual visits seen by my 2 statistics systems ??? I should have had at least 50 visits a day, still I had 3-4. ? :)

Back