• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question to you all :)

hohoho

which features do you expect from a (PHP+mysql) news script ?
i am currently working on one, so i want to know what i should build into it.
when it's finished it will be avaible for download of course.

it currently has:
-an installer
-user rights can be set by the admin
-you can add a poll to your news if you want ( ip logging can be enabled, so you get only one vote/ip)
-easy tempate system
-post/delete/edit news
-user manager
-comments
-as many links as you want ( e.g. the source where you got all the news from )

at the moment, i'm fixing all bugs, so the first version will be out in some days or weeks.
stay tuned

Last edited:
humm, well, I actually had to make my own news script because of this problem.

I was making a site that used index.php?page=page

now the probelm was the include in the template, when u called the page it would try to call all other pages related to the page from the main directory dispite them being in a subdirectory. Now the solution is very easy, u just change the links on the page to link to the subdirectory. So here's what I'd suggest to make your script compatible with people who do what I do.

Make a config file(though I bet you have) with a $maindir type variable. Make every link goto that maindir, so if your linking to articles and u wanted it to go to a specific one you wouldn't have to actually edit the script, just the config file's $maindir variable.

I know that sounds wierd but it would be basically all links in the script would goto $maindir/$thefile instead of just $thefile.

mitja, make sure you announce @ project-linux forums :) when its released then i install it on the server for the main page :classic2:

Re: 1 more thing

Originally posted by PHPMan
Emocons:
:) :( ;) :D

customizable (as in u can add new 1's) if ya need similes ask me i got the ones at p-linux forums in every colors :D

Originally posted by gt14
mitja, make sure you announce @ project-linux forums :) when its released then i install it on the server for the main page :classic2:
sure :)
Originally posted by gt14
customizable (as in u can add new 1's) if ya need similes ask me i got the ones at p-linux forums in every colors :D
cool, then i could need some blue smilies :D

Back