• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question/phpmyadmin/I need some serious help.

HaVoC

Hey, anyways I have a problem (I hate making topics)

Anyways, here is the thing. I made a backup of my old site with Tripod, but, I want to upload/run the mysql database in spaceports. The problem is, thier phpmyadmin doesn't allow you to upload from a file, so you have to use the SQL option and copy/paste the .sql file and do it manually.

That is my problem, my database is over 3 megs in size, and it won't copy/paste the entire 3 meg file. I need a better way of uploading my backup into my new database. Is there a php script I can make that will do it, or am I SOL?

you could do it through shell access but Im sure you dont have that

what you could do is if you have a broadband connection you could open the sql file in a text editor then cut and paste a few sections at a time. Say open 3 instances of phpmyadmin and cut n paste small portions into each and repeat the process until ur done.

Prolly not what ya wanted but it will work

Thats what I have been doing, but i'm already over an hour into doing it, and it will take a couple more.

The phpmyadmin there is slow too, so it's no help :)

you must create the database, but also leave the database empty of any tables, or any information at all for that mater. the import will rebuild everything from scratch. if there's any info in the database, it'll create duplicates which can cause serious problems.

before running the import go into the database with phpmyadmin and drop all tables.

Originally posted by keith
you must create the database, but also leave the database empty of any tables, or any information at all for that mater. the import will rebuild everything from scratch. if there's any info in the database, it'll create duplicates which can cause serious problems.

before running the import go into the database with phpmyadmin and drop all tables.

Tried that, didn't exactly work out. I'm trying coolfreepages now, still no go. In phpmyadmin (which I installed myself) it won't let me upload the .sql file either.

I'm SOL whichever way I do things :)

Back