• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question for the cheaper webhosts...

sabas11

I am a newbie, so forgive me...

Uh, how do webhosts (valuablehost, below10host, servus, others) that charge almost nothing ($20-$30 a year!) to host your site make money??? I thought Hostrocket @ $10 a month would be barely profitable... then again, i know next to nothing about this stuff...

are they providing this as a service to the community :)

anyone care to explain to me how and why? :D

Below10host does not charge $30-$40 a year. Infact its cheapest price is at $70 a year or $5.95/Monthly. Most of these lower cost hosts attract tons of users, and in the end do make money, enough to bring in profit and upgrade their servers.

Sabas many companies do that for prmotion and build a client database which is a good thing.

Tera-byte has over a million and half users... and its prices are low like below10host, it has been bringing in a steady cash flow probably around tens of millions of dollars.

If tera-byte made what they said they made last year, than they are making an average of $833,000 a month. Wish I made that. Around $10 million in 1 year.

Back