• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

question about The Sims and my monitor...

Willow

I play The Sims, and they have two options. Play in 800x600 or 1024x768. I have used the 800x600 option for years perfectly, but now, since I got my new computer, I can't use that option. No matter what I set my resolution to, if I try to play in the 800x600 mode, the right part of the game is cut off. Does this make sense? The 1024x768 mode plays perfectly, but I prefer the 800x600 mode. Is there any way I can fix this? I'm assming it's a monitor problem and not a game problem since it's like this no matter what resolution I set my computer to. Does this even make sense? *lol* I'm not good at explaining things.

Before starting the game, set your monitor resolution to 800x600. Then when you choose 800x600 in the game, it should be fine.

It's always best to run games at the same resolution your desktop is when at all possible.

I've tried that. It doesn't matter what I set my monitor to. It'll still cut off the right part of my game

You'll have to change it back when you exit but...
Find the settings buttons on the front of your monitor. Find the one that says H-Phase or a box within a box with one slightly to the left or something like that. Hold that button down until the rest of your screen comes back :)

Originally posted by notnamed
You'll have to change it back when you exit but...
Find the settings buttons on the front of your monitor. Find the one that says H-Phase or a box within a box with one slightly to the left or something like that. Hold that button down until the rest of your screen comes back :)

Call me a dimwit, but I can't find that button on my monitor....I've got the power button, two buttons that say reset and several more buttons, but nothing like what you described....unless I am missing it somehow

Back