• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

question about php/uploading on anyxhost.com

ShooTmE

I have an account, and its great. Some paid hosting cant even supply you with that much. BUT, when i try to use my upload script i made, php, it wont work. I get a permissions error. (I know it works, it got it to work on my local server.) so i thought maybe it was chmod, and it was, so i changed it from 755 tothe correct one, i tihnk, 777. And now all i get is a 500 error. Does the serve suport upload? :confused4

I have an account, and its great. Some paid hosting cant even supply you with that much. BUT, when i try to use my upload script i made, php, it wont work. I get a permissions error. (I know it works, it got it to work on my local server.) so i thought maybe it was chmod, and it was, so i changed it from 755 tothe correct one, i tihnk, 777. And now all i get is a 500 error. Does the serve suport upload? :confused4

:p sorry, here it is again...

it's better now^^

Well, it looks like the server/host did not set the permissions properly. Maybe give him/her a buzz and ask him/her to look into it to rule out server-side problems

hmmm, thanks for the help, but the files are 644 and when i set the dirrectory to 755 i get a permissions error, ( it wont let it write the file ) so i set it to let it and ten i get a 500 error. :cry2:

I'm hosted there too, I don't think they have PHP installed, or they have some part not installed, I asked them and they said it was fixed, I'm trying to find a new host, I want to get FAR away from them!

go to the cpanel, it has php 4 insdtalled with mysql and some other features. My only complaint is the Linux. Sure its a kick A$$ stable os, but it a pain to get going. that is mmy problem. i wouldn t have this trouble if it was windows. but one thing they need is a support forum. :classic2:

Hmmm...you could probably upload those kinda files by getting cuteftp
I'll be much easier. You just need too install. And put your website and upload php and all those files you need

i fixed it!! i didnt need to change the chmod or anything. It was my fault on this settings. I guess it had a default upload folder chosen and i was trying to over right it. :wink2:

Back