• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question about forums

Hobo

Are there any forums like this available for free? Ones where users can register for added bonuses and posts make a difference? I read through most of the posts and none of them really answered my question directly.

I'm sorry I wasn't very clear. I meant a forum where depending on how many posts you have such as 20, 100, 1000 different abilites are given to you like avatar and such. Are there any free forums like this and if so which one is best and easiest to use.

Ok I got invision board but now I don't really understand how to use it. There doesn't seem to be an faq on the site and I don't understand if I have to program it or something. Do I just upload the whole directory that I unzipped it to to my site and then it will work?

Sorry Didn't see your post. In resonse I don't know how to CHMOD files. Could you explain?

CHMOD means to change the permissions on a file to let others view it, change it etc.... Normally, webpages are set up so only the webmaster can change them, but the forum requires permissions set to let user activity update certain files (register, add posts, edit profile etc..).

You use your FTP client to CHMOD.
I use WS_FTP. In this client you right click on the uploaded file (on the website) to be CHMODed, select FTP commands, then SITE, then enter the file to be changed & CHMOD permisisons as stated in the Invisionboard instructions: like this: CHMOD conf_global.php 0755 .Then do the next file.

Ok got past all that just finished installation part with sql stuff.
Doing fine and then I received this error.
Unable to access ./sources/functions.php in index.php on line 104. What did I do wrong?

Originally posted by Hobo
Ok got past all that just finished installation part with sql stuff.
Doing fine and then I received this error.
Unable to access ./sources/functions.php in index.php on line 104. What did I do wrong?

which webhost are you uploading to?

I am easily the dumbest person ever. I figured it out i uploaded the wrong files. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Originally posted by Hobo
I am easily the dumbest person ever. I figured it out i uploaded the wrong files. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.
No problem. This forum is full of friendly ppl! :D

Back