• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Pxtek = Bs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capone

Just to let everyone know, ANYONE who has a free hosting account with pxtek.com will be kicked off the server. I had "finally" gotten through their support system for a issue, which they say... "oh I don't see it I can't fix it bye.... btw we are kicking out all free hosting account in June".

So I wanted to let everyone know who is planning on getting hosted or is already hosted. They will be emailing you all on June 5 as I was told and you will get one week to either pay for hosting or they will delete the accounts.

I have to say it's quiet sad..... They offer free hosting and tell us they are doing it to help us...... now all of a sudden they say good bye leave now.

I don't think I would even get paid hosting from them, especailly when it takes over 2-3 days to get in contact with a support tech, who basically doesn't care about your problem.

So I hope this helps out, people who are hosted by them, I'd move now than later on.

All the best,

Capone

You are right,

Kicking, forcing people off the server for no apparent reason (such as violation of AUP) shows their approach to free hosting and poor ethics. The least they could've done is pass you onto another party.

Then again if they are incapable of running the service, what can they do?

:wave:

Good play to them. It seems that have finaly found out that they are lossing money from free hosting, so they are going paid.

hosting-shack said:
Good play to them. It seems that have finaly found out that they are lossing money from free hosting, so they are going paid.
sometimes those who want to go free host should not just think about making money, ok, i don't deny i hope to do so but honestly by balancing the bill i am more than happy...there is other type of "Free Web Host" they started to offer good amount of space and b/w...after a few month, sorry we have to stop our free web host service, if you want to continue you might wanna switch to our paid service...ok if the person really can't handle the amount anymore than it is ok, but if those people knew they will be doing this from the start, i look down on those guys...

hosting-shack said:

This from a person who offers "free WHM/cPanel reseller accounts and 1GB diskspace and 20GB Bandwidth shared accounts!"

:knockedou

i still remember this quote a old man i met in central park when i am in uni...
"Always think of the future, not just the current, failing to do so might cause other to suffer"

Conclusion: Offer What You Can, Have A Honest Business And Business Will Come One Day...

James said:
This from a person who offers "free WHM/cPanel reseller accounts and 1GB diskspace and 20GB Bandwidth shared accounts!"

:knockedou

I know I have the funding to support it.

Lets get this thing straight... I didn't kick people off, I literally email free clients indicating that free hosting will be done on June 5th, if I was kicking people off.. then your site will be long gone without notification. It's not because I don't give you support buddy, you eamiled me everytime with the same issue, I repeatedly gave you the same answer, your isp had an issue, you told me your site can't be view, and me and my proxy scripts can view your site properly. How can am I able to fix this if it wasn't server-sided? You emailed me many times, I told you this isn't server sided, I double checked dns through dnsstuff and it worked perfect.

And like I said, I did not kick people off :-D I have hosted you more than 5 months, I don't see why you are complaining when I give you a month notice to backup your site.

#1 why host people if you will throw them away? You just told me on msn (and don't make me post it now to prove) that you can afford it but choose not too? So why waste people's time?

#2 20 members and I had the issue.... your telling me 21 people had ISP issues? You never took the time to really look into it. Thus why I wouldn't even take paid hosting from your company.

I hope you learn something from this.

I also urge anyone here to STAY away from pxtek. If you don't believe me, go ahead and try them. You'll see for yourself when you need support and you get a excuse blamed towards you and your members.

1. Didn't throw people away like I mentioned earlier.

2. Maybe something inbetween the dns is messed up? Like I said I'm positive the server wasn't an issue.

Learn something? Yes I did, people don't appreciate the generous offers that has been given to them. But complain how much they suck? When I literally give 1 month notice for backups, and server uptime? Tell me when was the last time my server went down when you were with me for 5 months, ( don't start with that dns issue ).

I challenge anyway to use my service free of 30 days, ask for support, anything, if we are the dirt that this guy mention, I am willing to quit the hosting industry completely. :-D ( Send me a PM if interested )

LOL that's the thing, those 30 days you will watch them. After the 30 days are over and 60 days have come up.... this is where your support lacks. BTW being generous? you told me on MSN you kicked all of us off, because we used too much CPU usage and mysql and you didn't want to pay extra for it? Yet you tell us you can afford it? How;s that generous LOL..... just admit it... you care about $$$ that's all.

I had been a partner of Tom's for about 8 months and he was always quick to fix any problem that ever came up. Im sure he checked out whatever problem you were having, but you do not seem to care. He is also giving you a months notice to backup your site and find a new host. I really dont see why you are complaining anyway when you are getting his service for free, you should be greatful instead of complaining.

Pxtek has been hosting me for about a year now and I've encountered no problems with the hosting services at all. I have several free accounts with Tom and he has no problems with me and no problems when I need support with the hosting.

Capone said:
So I wanted to let everyone know who is planning on getting hosted or is already hosted. They will be emailing you all on June 5 as I was told and you will get one week to either pay for hosting or they will delete the accounts.
I've marked it on my calendar buddy, but I don't think this will happen.

Capone said:
#2 20 members and I had the issue.... your telling me 21 people had ISP issues? You never took the time to really look into it. Thus why I wouldn't even take paid hosting from your company.
I've never had an issue with DNS at all, I'm always able to view my site, so it's probably a problem with your ISP.

I think you're just here to ruin a great service ran by a great person. I would never bother complaining when I receive something for free.

This is coming from a person who has 2 posts? He prolly just sent you here to make a comment lol.... it doesn't matter now. I've moved and gotten a reseller now.

Anyways for others they can learn from this and should be aware of free hosts like pxtek. Always BE SURE to find out if they are going to keep you for long. Most places will kick you out within a few months. They know if they do this, they can get some money out of it.

If you want to try pxtek go ahead, but when you experience the problems like I did, don't say I didn't tell you so. :p

I told him to check on the thread, I didn't insist him to do anything... buddy.. I donno why you are jumping to conclusions, like I say I don't want no arguments, wish you the best with your new host. :)

XTR Host said:
I had been a partner of Tom's for about 8 months and he was always quick to fix any problem that ever came up. Im sure he checked out whatever problem you were having, but you do not seem to care. He is also giving you a months notice to backup your site and find a new host. I really dont see why you are complaining anyway when you are getting his service for free, you should be greatful instead of complaining.
why wouldn't I care? the problems effects me too. He was rude about it and blamed my members for the issue? How can 20 people have ISP issues? I addressed this problem many times. I quit later on, when he didn't care and told me it wasn't his problem. I don't think I want to hear that from a host, nor does anyone else I'm sure.

tommi said:
I told him to check on the thread, I didn't insist him to do anything... buddy.. I donno why you are jumping to conclusions, like I say I don't want no arguments, wish you the best with your new host. :)
I'm also not trying to start a fight either. I am giving feedback on your service. I have the right to do that, at this forum. It's up to the members to decide, however I am telling them of my issues.

The rest is up to them.

All the best.

Well it seems like you were being offensive in someway, well I'll let people to see for themselves.

Again, best of luck. :D

tommi said:
Well it seems like you were being offensive in someway, well I'll let people to see for themselves.

Again, best of luck. :D
offensive? I'm letting people become aware of issues they may face with pxtek hosting. I faced them, it's quite possible that someone else that signs up will go through the same thing. I hope that doesn't happen, but hey if it can happen with me, it could also happen to them.

Good Luck to you too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back