• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

publish asp.net web service on dedicated server?

Vincentas

Hi everybody,

I have made webservice in asp.net with C# and MySQL.

I want to publish my webservice on dedicated server.
I have knowledge of publishing webservice on shared server but don't have any idea of publishing on dedicated server.

How can I do this?

Hi everybody,

I have made webservice in asp.net with C# and MySQL.

I want to publish my webservice on dedicated server.
I have knowledge of publishing webservice on shared server but don't have any idea of publishing on dedicated server.

How can I do this?

You will need a Microsoft Windows operating system based server (Windows Server 2008 R2 Web or Window Server 2012 Standard - either should do you well) and install IIS.

IIS will typically install everything you need to get started with hosting ASP, however you may need to add additional features/modules depending on what you are needing to accomplish.

You will need to install MySQL, though you may wish to consider MariaDB as it is a drop in replacement for MySQL and usually runs quite a bit better and 100% easier to manage.

liveproject

Thanks for the post its great use to me as i am on this problem. thanks for the reply too good forum.....:knockedou

You just need .net framework and IIS there to deploy asp.net application. Just make sure that you have the right version of .net framework and IIS installed.

You might find this helpful: support.microsoft.com/kb/326355

from my point of view the asp.net application run on the IIS server so need to install the IIS server & MySQL for database connectivity.

Back