• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PROOF that new.net is a "scam".

DarkTemplar194

Ok, not a scam, but what I mean is they aren't real domain names.

If you have the stupid plugin (I removed it, it took over my IE stuff), then go to www.soundoftheweb.shop . As a demonstration. That's one of a domains registered. That happens to load www.soundoftheweb.shop.new.net. All the plugin does is add domain entries to redirect to that new.net subdomain. What a ripoff.:confused2 I mean come on! Good domains are already available and more coming, US, INFO, BIZ, etc. Why waste money on a FAKE domain ???

Originally posted by DarkTemplar194
Exactly.
Besides, the NIC's are getting more new domains like a REAL .museum, .pro, and .aero.

I don't know why people would pay for such a stupid service. Really, there are about 5-6 of these "fake domain" services out there. New.net only has "users" due to the fact most of the users don't even know they are users.

To this day, I have not hit any new.net domains on the Internet.

Originally posted by DarkTemplar194
But are those fake things like that pacific root and atlantic root thing? the .com2 domain???

If it's not ICANN approved, it's fake, If ICANN wants to enable a TLD new.net (or another fake TLD) is using, they should just do it and say screw new.net. Let new.net refund all the users (if they have any) and tell the public they run a service that is of no good to anyone.

Originally posted by the elf
If it's not ICANN approved, it's fake, If ICANN wants to enable a TLD new.net (or another fake TLD) is using, they should just do it and say screw new.net. Let new.net refund all the users (if they have any) and tell the public they run a service that is of no good to anyone.
LOL, they can't just turn new.net into a domain name if someone (www.new.net) is using it! But they can make .shop a domain name.

Still I think any domain TLD with more then 3 characters (in each segment) is a waste of space. The internet is still so young...

=mek=

Originally posted by Meksilon
LOL, they can't just turn new.net into a domain name if someone (www.new.net) is using it! But they can make .shop a domain name.
=mek=

Hmmm, .com’s etc are all authorized for use by an authority. New.net does not have any (as far as I know) authorization to use these TLD’s, and if the authority wants to use them. They will.

Too bad for new.net suckers. Now, I don’t think the authority will just drop them, however, will work with them to post the registered domain over to a real system. Personally, I’d charge new.net $7/domain. If the domain authority makes new.net the “official” registry of a TLD new.net uses, good for them. However, due to the vast amount of new.net fake TLD’s, I don’t think they will allow all new.net TLD’s to become active (as that’s way to many) and I don’t think new.net will offer two service i.e. “get a real domain for $15-$20/year or a fake domain for $25/year”.

This goes to show you that people will buy anything and there are tons of suckers!

Back