• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Promoting other sites with forums

goalumpire

I am surprised that we aren't allowed to promote these sites that can also let you create your own free forum.

Have you had trouble with others in the past when ppl have done this? Just wondering.

Oh can we put our forums in our sigs?

I believe the reason that forums aren't allowed to be advertised or put up for review is because of many users posting forums which they have done little/no work on (designing, etc), and are just looking for a quick and painless way to get more members. For example, many people put their forums, with a default skin up for "review" -- or at least they did prior to the new rule.

As far as I know there is _no_ problem with having a forum in your signature. If it were, mine would have been edited some time ago.

=)

People who come here to promote their forum tend to only do that. Either in a one post and run kind of things, or in EVERY POST they make. Either way, it's annoying, and a waste of bandwidth. That's what the sigs are for, I guess.

Blank Verse said:
People who come here to promote their forum tend to only do that. Either in a one post and run kind of things, or in EVERY POST they make. Either way, it's annoying, and a waste of bandwidth. That's what the sigs are for, I guess.

Well said!^

P.S. I just noticed your sig ad for your forum,
I think the reason why you are having a problem getting
people to join is this:

The Rules!
Yeah, they're necessary. This forum is no democracy.
Anyone who fails to abide by the laws set forth in this
dictatorship will be banished to the realm
of crappier forum-ness.

yeah...I don't know what to say about that. As far as my forum goes, that's not...exactly serious, while being serious at the same time.

LEt me put it this way, my forum is, well, it's a joke :p It's meant purely for fun, and I write things out like that so (most, apparently not all) people get the joke.

However, it is my forum and I'll do with it what I please. And I will ban members who are annoying simply for that reason. In most cases that will never happen, in fact, it has yet to happen, but everyone knows and understands that rule, and really, the people that I have there are in no danger of getting banned.

Those who know me know that nothing is serious when it concerns me :)

Back