• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Promote???

cleggo

I am not sure which board-topic this goes under
so I thought maybe I could post it here.

I am looking for ways to promote one of my websites.
what im looking for is like search-engine info
or places that will do the submitting for the user
and get the website placed in many engines.

or if some one has tips for promoting a website.

Thanks.

You might want to try search engine submission sites like http://www.AddMe.com. There are also programs you can buy that automatically submit your site to thousands of search engines. A few of these programs off the top of my head are SubmitWolf PRO and Addweb.

I had "SubmitWolf" once, it was really good
but had to re-buy a password after the one year
was up, or something like that..

plus I had heard some engines will not take urls
from it since its almost like a spamming engine.

I seen the stuff link-exchange offers, msn listing,
5000 banner inpressions (wont go very far), and
etc things.. any one ever tryed these?

Thanks for the help Nick. :eek:)

Banner exchanges don't tend to work in my experiences. I usually end up putting the banners on all my pages and getting no visitors because the targeted rotation isn't the quality of what you would expect on a paid service. In other words, this happens:

- You sign up.
- Show banners on your site that have nothing to do with your site's genre.
- You get a handful of hits.
- Turns out your programming help site banner is getting shown to thousands of four year old pokemon fans.
- You just got screwed.
- Remove all banners from your site and close banner exchange account.

The best way in my opinion is to do one for one button/banner exchanges with other sites of your genre that are semi-popular/getting massive hits. Example:

- You have a pro wrestling news site. You're getting two hits a day.
- You need more hits.
- Make a 88x31 button or 468x60 banner and email the owner of other sites that get 500 or so uniques a day. Ask if they would want to trade.
- You'll get gradually increasing hits.
- Word of mouth will set in.
- Your site will get greater ammounts of hits and will be eligable to link up with sites with much higher hits/day.
- You link up with sites getting thousands of hits per day.
- Your site keeps on growing and growing.
- You've reached your goal of becoming a pop site.

Just remember, no matter what you do or how you do it, it is going to take TIME to make a site grow popular. You just have to keep at it.

Back