• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ProjectXbox

i really don't like the colors or layout
it look too unprofessional

also the top pic is hard to read
only could c "x" of "Project XBox"
try using white instead of black or something bright

I should have learned by now... Never ask on a public forum for someone to review your site... O well...

Any way, I like the top banner, the effect is supposed to be like that. So you have to really look at it to see what it is. And the colors are the XBox colors, just goto xbox.com and see.

Well im going to go and modify my post and tell everyone to go away, lol ;)

Anyway, I'm keeping the way it is, but thanx for your opinoin.

well xbox look good w/ its green color

u have the same color, but ur layout doesn't work w/ the color

Originally posted by Sikes
I should have learned by now... Never ask on a public forum for someone to review your site... O well...

Any way, I like the top banner, the effect is supposed to be like that. So you have to really look at it to see what it is. And the colors are the XBox colors, just goto xbox.com and see.

Well im going to go and modify my post and tell everyone to go away, lol ;)

Anyway, I'm keeping the way it is, but thanx for your opinoin.
If you like the look of your site then keep it. I think it looked good. Maybe they underestimated the site because it was still under construction. My site ain't finished yet so if someone under rates it I will not be surprised. Don't let them put you down. Finnish your site and be proud of it.

Thanx cheatpark! That really helped!

But, now that you mention it, the big banner doesn't look right... I still like the "hardly can't see it, but, black and green? Thats a changer!

Last edited:
Originally posted by cheatpark
Maybe they underestimated the site because it was still under construction.

i noticed that his site was still being work on, i just look at the layout that he finished and told him what i think of it

i can't even read dark gray against the blackish backcolor for the top picture - i guest it was his logo

what you should have learned by now is that people aren't going to charm your pants off just because you made a site... they'll review exactly what they see. must not be very proud of the general response :cool:

No, it just took me by surprise.. I respect his opinoin, and I now know what he is talking about...

But cheatpark is right, just because one person doesn't like a site, there are still all of my friends, and relatives not to mention all of the people out on the web right now, that still do like it.

I'm confused. If you were already set with the site and intended to ignore and suggestions for it, why did you ask for a review?

Sikes I don´t know what it is with these people but my site was never completed, and I got good marks for it. I am starting to finish it just now.

Sikes, I completely don't like what you are saying. You ignore a negative comment on the site and only think that its good.

To be completely honest, I felt that the site was missing in some areas (the design). People on this board are very specific.

If you are going to make websites, you have to listen to other people's opinions.

You said that it doesn't matter because there are a lot of other people that like it, and that just seems kind of snotty. Don't get too high on yourself just because a few people like it and someone else doesn't.

I'm making an Xbox website of my own, BTW :)

Please, don't take any of this the wrong way, I'm just telling you that you should keep an open mind and actually consider what people say you should fix.

No, it just took me by surprise.. I respect his opinoin, and I now know what he is talking about...

But cheatpark is right, just because one person doesn't like a site, there are still all of my friends, and relatives not to mention all of the people out on the web right now, that still do like it.
No offence when I say this but the reason why your friends and family say they like your site is probably because they are your friends and family or they haven't seen what the internet is fully capable of. I'm not trying to start an argument but if you want an honest good quality review then you've definately come to the right place. I was a bit shocked when my site was first reviewed but I love people to come and criticise my site because otherwise it wouldn't be what it is now.

I'm actually a pretty strict reviewer when I don't use any type of rubric. :) After people were complaining that I was being too "lenient", I've decided to get stricter in terms of my ratings. Only 3 webpages, I believe, have gotten over a 90%, none of them on this board.

Originally posted by cheatpark

No offence when I say this but the reason why your friends and family say they like your site is probably because they are your friends and family or they haven't seen what the internet is fully capable of. I'm not trying to start an argument but if you want an honest good quality review then you've definately come to the right place. I was a bit shocked when my site was first reviewed but I love people to come and criticise my site because otherwise it wouldn't be what it is now.

That is so very true. When I first started out my sites looked like crap and my family still said they were great. A couple years later with 100 times better designs and still the same comment. I've learned to make my site better with the comments from the great people on this board.

I like conkermaniac's system of grading. It's one of the most precise ways to rate a site and he/she's very unbiased.

Originally posted by R. K. Raja

I like conkermaniac's system of grading. It's one of the most precise ways to rate a site and he/she's very unbiased.

Thank you for the compliments! I'm glad you like my rating service and think that I am overall unbiased. I just rated another site, BTW, and I've realized that if you look deep into every site, there will always be some faults. From first glance, a site might deserve at least a 90%, but deep inside, they could be only an average site. That's my opinion of the whole matter. :)

Thank you all for your concern, it's just that I find it quite impossible to hate everything on a site. I respect everybody's opinoins and I will listen to them all and try to fix what they say.

It's just when a person says that they don;t like the entire site, that just buggs me.

And im not ignoring negative comments, it's just that when someone says everything negative (even on other review threads), I don't really pay attention.

But again, thank you for your comments and concern!

Originally posted by conkermaniac

Thank you for the compliments! I'm glad you like my rating service and think that I am overall unbiased. I just rated another site, BTW, and I've realized that if you look deep into every site, there will always be some faults. From first glance, a site might deserve at least a 90%, but deep inside, they could be only an average site. That's my opinion of the whole matter. :)
Can you review my site?

Sure, I can review your site, but please start a new thread. The mods won't be too happy with a new review in this thread. :(

It's just when a person says that they don;t like the entire site, that just buggs me.

what else was there for me to look at?
all there was the layout - n i commented on it

so i didn't just dis it on purpose
...because ur layout was the entire site
if u could call it a site cause it was just one page, w/ no working links, which i understand becuase it wasn't finish, i just comment on the layout

the purpose of this forums is to get feedback from others to make ur site better, if u don't wanna hear what others gotta say, y ask?

u need to get both negative and postive comments to make ur site better, u know what is good and what needed to be change

Back