• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

"Project No-sleep"

I've been up for 2 complete days, but staying awake, well, its fun, but what about, which was the longest of your naps? once, i whent to bed at 8 am and woke up the other day at 5....it was incredible, but I woke up and it took me like 10 minutes to check that my watch was correct, I sat on my bed and started laughing alone, and lied down again, it was a great sensationn !! :slaap:

Last edited:
stabme said:
actually, the opposite. your brain actually accumulates a sleep debt for every hour and such of sleep that you miss. so that's why you might still feel horrible after a long sleep. but after you've slept that all off (12-14 hrs of sleep ea. day for a few days in a week?) you'll feel great and awake.

if you don't get enough lseep, your body actually destroys yourself. you'll become more irritated, restless, etc. etc.

sounds like I better step up the amount I sleep. See you all later.

There is this guy who had an accident I think and damaged his brain and I saw him on "Believe it or not" and he said he hasnt selpt for 17 years all he does at night is Push ups for 17years and read books. I think if you are like him, brain damaged, you can go more than the normal extremes of regular people but 17years sounds way too long without sleep.
Oh and the longes I stayed awake is 3hrs and 45mins. I counted that today. A new record yay :biggrin2:

I actually saw that. He actually does a lot of meditation. But I have never tried not to sleep. Although I think I have pulled like 18 hours or something. No reason ever not to sleep.

At some point your body will simply force you to sleep

Unless you have mad cow disease, in which case you stay awake until you die.

Did my biology project on it a while back. What a nice topic it was lol. Joke of the day was the only cure for Mad Cow/Insomnia was our Biology class :D

striker said:
Unless you have mad cow disease, in which case you stay awake until you die.

Did my biology project on it a while back. What a nice topic it was lol. Joke of the day was the only cure for Mad Cow/Insomnia was our Biology class :D
no. if you don't sleep, your body will literally force you to sleep eventually. you just can't go on.

I'm currently seeing how many hours a day I can go without being awake.

I only wake up for class and homework and an occasional internet surfing break.

I never sleep on friday nights, and usually on saturday nights too. But, I'm always moving during the weekend. As in, if I'm crashing at a friends house, if we get tired then we sneak out and go do shit outside until about 5AM so we're not bored (like walk across town and back). Then come back and ..... hell i don't know, break dance (not really, but we either eat or find something physically active to do like skating in the driveway) until it's semi-daylight and their parents are up, then we all take the public-transit train and go skating like around the main Atlanta area, downtown and suburbia and such. I have been doing this for the past month, but I usually sleep for about an hour on Saturday night as a "refresher".

The bad part is we usually end up doing something stupid* from the lack of sleep and get the cops called on us, who think half of us are high and sweat us until we leave. Yeah, I get searched a lot at school football games for the same reason.

But, the thing is, we don't feel like we haven't slept when we skip a night or two. We feel perfectly normal and all, we're just a little mentally sluggish and have bloodshot eyes.

*(last stupid thing I remember us doing is: we were skating around with sagging pants, half naked with our shirts balled up and stuffed down the front of our pants, in the middle of a slightly busy street, screaming at the cars and grabbing the shirt-ball through the jeans....keep in mind there were about 8 of us)

Last edited:
Blank Verse said:
You Cali bastards and your Pacific Ocean. I wouldn't mind being able to go for a surfing break :p

Blank,

I go to Virginia Tech, here in Blacksburg it's about 55 degrees and dropping every day.

Pacific Ocean is pretty far away.

Surfing the internet.

When I was in Navy boot camp, I got into some real serious crud with CWO, and I had night duty all night every day for a week (during galley week) while working day also. Anytime I wasnt on galley duty, I had to stand guard. After two days, I'm sure I napped here and there. After a week, I woke up in the hospital. Nothing they did was waking me up. Navy lawyers tried to get me to slap a lawsuit on the Navy believe or not. If that CWO had any money, I would have happily sued him, but I had no interest in doing what they were wanting me to do. I would have felt I was suing, and getting paid, by the American tax payer. The government screws up enough with losing our money or spending it on useless crap without me adding to it by suing. At least that was my view back then. If it happened today, screw the American taxpayer, I'd be getting me the moola! :D

I guess I was young and too naive, and thought my government was good. Oh well, life goes on. I guess I left them an extra $million$ or so to spend on stupid junk. During that time is when I was told you have to use your own brain when following orders. If it sounds unrealistic, it's probably against rules and you need to discuss the matter with others in your chain of command, which this was such a case.....and as I was told, could have cause brain damage. There were three lawyers, one which wasnt military. So I assume that Navy lawyers cant represent a lawsuit against the Navy.. (??)

Nick said:
Blank,

I go to Virginia Tech, here in Blacksburg it's about 55 degrees and dropping every day.

Pacific Ocean is pretty far away.

Surfing the internet.

ROTFLMAO

talk about getting the wrong message :p

Back