• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Programe Help !

fly-design

Hi all ive been asked to build a website for my freinds takeaway so that he can recive orders online.

The problem i have is im not sure what type of programe is best to use i know how to set up a ecommerce website so i dunno if using this would be best or if there is another programe out there.

All it need to do is have the menu, Alow them to select what they want and order it by means of cash on delivery or Credit card/Bank card.

He will be wanting to recive the payment right into his bank account.

Any help would be great.
Thanks
John

There's a local place by me that does this, they use Java.
www.unopizzaonline.co.uk - But there is more to it than that, you will need to make sure it is SECURE, encrypted connections, PCI-Compliant etc. FWS isn't the place to be asking these questions really.

A Custom coded solution might be in order. I reckon you could use PHP and then once an order is placed, a confirmation email is sent. As for security, a shopping cart could work as your payment processer.

Ask around any forum with freelance programmers.

First; For what you need, a custom coded system WILL be needed. You *may* be able to mod an already developed script, but it will never work perfectly, or even well, for what you are planning on doing.

Second; Buying with a Credit Card is tricky. For example, you wont be able to "recive the payment right into his bank account", there will normally be a delay or 2-3 days before he gets the funds, and in some cases, its stored in an online bank until you reach $xx/$xxx and then only released on a certain day, so many times a month, ect.

---

Therefore. Your best bet would be PHP, it has the most API's already developed (For CreditCard transactions), it's easier to secure & more secure in general than clientside applications like Java, and unlike Java, works on everyones browser.

But getting something like this developed wont be cheap if you dont know PHP yourself.

Last edited:
I would suggest a custom solution in .Net.
Infact.. PHP, Classic ASP, .Net or RoR anything will do. It just depends that what you are comfortable with.
Receiving payments through CC .. you'll need a payment gateway - cheapest and best is Paypal.
The basic functionality shouldn't be really tough to do, but just ensure that its safe, order requests and passwords are well encrypted and there is enough data sanitization against stuff like XSS etc.

Back